Echo & Alexa Forums

wemo switches

wemo switches
« on: May 27, 2017, 09:29:05 am »
I just had to forget then rediscover most of my wemo switches.  anyone had to do the same recently?  just wondering if the problem was on my end or a bad alexa update.  I had no problems using them in the wemo app.

mike27oct

Re: wemo switches
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:59:39 pm »
Likely Alexa issue.  Last week I needed to have Alexa rediscover my TP-L smart plugs.

So, I have another ongoing task besides every once in a while telling all Echo devices to "stop" or "off"; even if doing nothing.  Now, I will tell it weekly to "discover devices".

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 02:28:40 pm »
Alexa loses my wemo modules at least once a month so it is nothing new.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 03:47:08 pm »
Alexa loses my wemo modules at least once a month so it is nothing new.

this was new to me.  I have had them for well over a year and some over two.  this was the first time - and so many at once...    I have nine wemo switches and had to forget/rediscover six.  I am  guessing the last alexa update broke the connection for some.

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:34:37 pm »
Haven't had any issues with my TP-Link outlets, yet, except for the TP-L servers going down a few months ago.
Another win for GH today.  Alexa couldn't even understand me correctly when i asked what time a local store closed
today.  Three tries and she got the name of the business wrong each time :(  Asked GH and she got it right the first time along with letting me know what time they closed today.  AND I finally got the TP-L outlets linked with GH.  It was me, not the product.  I had to update Kasa, Google Home and Google Assistant (I don't let most apps update by themselves).

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 04:34:37 am »
had a good laugh today.  the other three quit working a bit ago so I had to do the forget/discover for them.  maybe that will be all for a while.