Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

wemo switches

wemo switches
« on: May 27, 2017, 09:29:05 am »
I just had to forget then rediscover most of my wemo switches.  anyone had to do the same recently?  just wondering if the problem was on my end or a bad alexa update.  I had no problems using them in the wemo app.

Re: wemo switches
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:59:39 pm »
Likely Alexa issue.  Last week I needed to have Alexa rediscover my TP-L smart plugs.

So, I have another ongoing task besides every once in a while telling all Echo devices to "stop" or "off"; even if doing nothing.  Now, I will tell it weekly to "discover devices".

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 02:28:40 pm »
Alexa loses my wemo modules at least once a month so it is nothing new.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 03:47:08 pm »
Alexa loses my wemo modules at least once a month so it is nothing new.

this was new to me.  I have had them for well over a year and some over two.  this was the first time - and so many at once...    I have nine wemo switches and had to forget/rediscover six.  I am  guessing the last alexa update broke the connection for some.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:34:37 pm »
Haven't had any issues with my TP-Link outlets, yet, except for the TP-L servers going down a few months ago.
Another win for GH today.  Alexa couldn't even understand me correctly when i asked what time a local store closed
today.  Three tries and she got the name of the business wrong each time :(  Asked GH and she got it right the first time along with letting me know what time they closed today.  AND I finally got the TP-L outlets linked with GH.  It was me, not the product.  I had to update Kasa, Google Home and Google Assistant (I don't let most apps update by themselves).

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 04:34:37 am »
had a good laugh today.  the other three quit working a bit ago so I had to do the forget/discover for them.  maybe that will be all for a while.