Echo & Alexa Forums

Welcome aboard!

Alpha Bitch

Re: Welcome aboard!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 10:19:14 pm »
Thank you for these forums.  I am new to DOT.

sharonlundahl

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 01:10:24 pm »
Dear all.   I am not technically savvy and this is the first time I have participated in a user forum.

I have purchased two echo systems, one for home and one for our shop, and I am desperate to make it work.  I also am not sure how to get answers to my many questions.

The first is, how do I ask Alexa to "find French-language songs."  or "find Balalaika songs" or find "classic French-language songs."

Would appreciate any help.  Also I bought the multi-device unlimited system.
Sharon

mike27oct

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 01:54:22 pm »
Always a good idea to know where to find info, and Amazon has a lot of help here:
Go to Amazon home page, click on top Help tab, select device support, and find your device. 
Sounds like you have purchased unlimited music service and there is likely help for it as well at Amazon link.

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 09:56:23 am »
Just found this Board and nice to see all the info. ;)
I've had voice recognition of my X10 setup for many years but the Amazon Dot and Alexa are amazing.
Alexa now has control of my Home automation system which is mostly but not limited to X10.
I'll be recommending it to all those on the X10 forums.
Not a fan of the captcha for posting though. :o :(
Hope that is only a newbie thing! ???

PFR

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »
Loving my 2nd gen Dots. I bought them in the UK on a recent trip and have installed 3 of them in my house here in New Zealand.
It did take a while to get everything sorted - mainly because, during the setup, it was only letting me setup using my American Amazon account and not my UK Amazon account (where I have my Prime Music account). It took a good couple of days to work things out, thanks to this forum and others like it, before managed to get everything Uk'ed. Thank goodness for VPN's. Fortunately, the timezone setup is not an issue with the 2nd gens, although it would be great if I could get my address changed to my NZ address, but all-in-all, that's a minor issue.
I must admit, it has been a bit annoying at times to get Alexa to play the music I want. A couple of examples, one of my favourite bands is James, and have so far not been able to shuffle their songs (always get James Arthur for some reason). And getting Alexa to play anything with a non-English name or title is exasperating. But that's half the fun I suppose.

doxidad

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 10:03:36 am »
Hello and thank you for this board.
I acquired a echo right before Christmas when they were on sale.
The only control device I have is a Harmony and with the Echo it can really make you lazy.
No more using a remote - just voice control.

ctkidd

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 06:08:12 pm »
Thanks for these forums just registered. We need places like these to share ideas and chat about tech. Looking forward to reading through what everybody here has done.

Joe Duffy

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 08:20:47 am »
Greetings!
Currently own one Echo, one Dot, and one Sonos Play 1.
Plan to add at least one more Dot and more Sonos stuff.
No home automation yet but it's something I very much would like to get into eventually.

regards,
Joe

fpress@presspotterlaw.com

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 08:45:26 am »
How do I post a new thread?

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 02:48:35 pm »
How do I post a new thread?
In the forum area you wish to post in, look up at the top right.  Click on the NEW TOPIC tab/link.

Corkster52

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 01:34:41 pm »
Hello from Ohio.  I am new to all this Echo stuff.

avservice

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 05:29:46 am »
Just joined here and am hoping to learn and share tricks to make these devices as useful aspossible for myself and my clients.

I am trying to automate a home for a recently disabled long time friend and the info out there about the Echo is scattered and hard to trust sometimes so it seems like experimentation is the way to get this going,which is something I already do every day anyway.

I really like the platform overall so far but......

Thanks for having me.

dblake78250

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2017, 05:20:19 pm »
Hello Alexa Fans!

I'm the last newb here. Got Alexa over a month ago. Always trying to get the most of the cost of the thing. I've used forums for my vehicles and thought there is probably one for Alexa. And so there was... several. Prepare for me to pick your brains continuously!

Best of Luck,
David

malliekm

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
Hello Alexa Fans!

I'm the last newb here. Got Alexa over a month ago. Always trying to get the most of the cost of the thing. I've used forums for my vehicles and thought there is probably one for Alexa. And so there was... several. Prepare for me to pick your brains continuously!

Best of Luck,
David

Welcome Newb!

stobelman

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2017, 11:43:30 pm »
I am new hear and am wondering how to post a question.