Echo & Alexa Forums

Welcome aboard!

NikkiRoxi

Re: Welcome aboard!
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2018, 02:07:30 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am new here but I am not new to Amazon Echo. The Amazon Forum Board has been revamped and in my opinion easy to navigate. I am not familiar with the old style the board had, but I know it was revamped based on some of the comments over there. However, I like having more than one place to discuss my love and displeasure (hate sometimes LOL) of Amazon Echo.

Nikki
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:11:32 pm by NikkiRoxi »

shaumar

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 12:50:39 pm »
Hi all new to Echo and to forum! Bought this for my technophobe husband he a music fanatic and is loving playing with it around random tunes! got the free trial on the music but will likely continue passed the 30 days! Just one thing for now I set it up using the app on my iphone rather than on my husbands phone - what problems if any will that present? Also any hints or tips for using it soley around music and the occasional weather update lol!

slicker55

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2018, 05:51:34 am »
Thank you for letting me join your forum
I have recently caught the home automation bug and have already spent a fortune
Look forward to learning more about this fascinating hobby.

ReneP

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2019, 12:50:15 pm »
Thanks

CarlK58

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2019, 10:15:01 am »
Thank you for the welcome. I joined to find the answer to a specific question but I believe that this may help me in automating my home.

Rosco

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2019, 05:46:41 am »
Hi, I am new to Alexa Echo. I am currently in the process of signing up to various options. I have the Alexa Flex app downloaded and all they seem to want me to do is sign up for premium, however, it does not tell me what it actually covers. I have Amazon Prime and have a trial period for music.
All i want to do is have available on Alexa, music, my contacts, telephone and the usual information like news and weather.
Can anyone recommend the best way to achieve what I want without costing a fortune.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2019, 10:32:19 am »
Who in the world suggested you to download Alexa Flex? Do you want to speak to your Echo in some other language?

Here's my advice to you. You don't need to pay for anything else. If you signed up for some free trials, cancel it. All of the basic features you mentioned are already included and you don't need to spend a dime more. But if you want to spend more money for something you already have, that's completely up to you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:35:03 am by jwlv »

PeachyP

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2019, 02:00:31 pm »
So happy this forum exists!  I rarely can find what I’m looking for in the Amazon forums! 

lumatrix

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2019, 06:23:11 pm »
Haha - love the 'It thinks my last name is a curse word - have to try it.

Ray1

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2020, 04:14:40 pm »
Thanks for the forum, I just came aboard. Great idea for reasons you mentioned, and the realm of Amazon Smart Devices is growing exponentially. I have them everywhere, latest is a Show 8 and the new smart oven (on the way I hope).

Kinda a jumble, though. Would help if there were sub-forums for, say, Plugs, Bulbs, Echo and Dots, Show, Ovens, Fire and other TV, Locks and thermostats, blah blah.

Regardless, kudos to you.
Ray

carolee 45

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2020, 10:20:33 am »
I never thought of it this way; those of us who are older, but grew up with Star Trek, have adopted these technologies easily, but I have friends who were not science fiction fans, my age (75), and they still use flip phones.  I wonder if there is a connection?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2020, 02:51:31 pm »
I never thought of it this way; those of us who are older, but grew up with Star Trek, have adopted these technologies easily, but I have friends who were not science fiction fans, my age (75), and they still use flip phones.  I wonder if there is a connection?

LOL. Curious! So in other words, what we watch on TV might have an influence on what we know and what we become?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:53:09 pm by jwlv »

Jake Hunter

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2020, 12:29:28 pm »
Hello, thanks for letting me in.

I suspect my question isn't new but searches haven't shown an answer.

Echo has worked fine for 18 months but failed a couple of days ago. Following the restart process, after deregistering on my Amazon page, Echo won't connect to wifi, says device isn't registered and says to look at App. In the App, there appear to be no instructions on how to register the echo. Can anyone please help?

Echo will connect to wifi using a Hotspot from a phone. Router accepts new devices from within the home. Issue is Echo not finding router via wifi and the whole registration thing.

Apologies if this is a result question but I'm at the end of my teather....

kalanikaau

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2020, 05:38:11 pm »
Aloha from Hawaii and
Mahalo for allowing me to join this forum!

Herkdriver234

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2020, 07:47:07 pm »
Thanks everyone!!