Echo & Alexa Forums

Welcome aboard!

Andy

Re: Welcome aboard!
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 12:22:13 pm »
Hi all just got an echo dot for xmas- wanting to know if alexa has a tv times skill?- eg alexa whats on sky 1 from 7pm?- thanks

Dell

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2018, 03:32:56 am »
New here but old man and still learning just got a echo dot to play with I am hoping to use it to operate my tv and audio equipment,but still doing research looks not to be as straight forward as at first thought.
Dell

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2018, 10:39:29 am »
New here but old man and still learning just got a echo dot to play with I am hoping to use it to operate my tv and audio equipment,but still doing research looks not to be as straight forward as at first thought.
Dell

Plan on buying something to interface the TV with Alexa. I use the Logitech Harmony Hub (Puck only... I don't need another remote). Is challenging to set up but there's lots of support to help online.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Ann

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2018, 03:07:12 am »
hi, i am a new member

Jet70

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2018, 11:07:19 am »
Of course I have questions.  Hope this forum helps.  Thanks for setting it up

Jet

Oboegeo

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2018, 02:43:46 pm »
I used to get streaming radio stations, but no more. Anybody got any tips ?

mike27oct

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2018, 04:16:29 pm »
How about more info and please post your message in the appropriate forum.  This forum is not an appropriate one for discussions like this.

formate

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2018, 04:28:23 am »
Thank you very much, I hope this forum will help us.

crocky

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2018, 07:15:29 pm »
Hi, I am an Australian with an Echo and soon to have the Dot and the Harmony hub for my TV and audio equipment.. Can’t buy the remote control for an echo in Australia.... Bought them in Aust and I’m hoping they play nice together, done a little bit with lights and sonnoffs and they are so far working pretty well. Can’t get the relays controlled by a 8266 working yet with Alexa as there seems to be something wrong with the fauxmo library and version two of the echo, they will fix it in time I guess... anyway hello 😉

Owl17

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2018, 11:55:30 am »
Hello, all -- and thank you for establishing this forum!

I'm new to using the Echo and Echo Dot, but have been having fun learning their capabilities.  I especially like the voice pickup range of the Echo Dot -- about 15 feet away, behind a semi-closed door!

I purchased an Echo and an Echo Dot in a combination deal, and want to explore how to best use the two of them.

jamesalexa

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2018, 06:32:30 am »
Thanks for this interesting & informative forum.

PKSlough

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2018, 03:06:17 am »
Hello everyone!  :D

I'm Paul from the UK, and I have an Echo Spot in my bedroom. I've only had it a few months, but it's proving useful and good fun.

JMayor

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2018, 08:11:39 am »
Thanks so much for setting this up, I found that the Amazon official forum's were a nightmare too.
 :)

crissa

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 10:34:37 pm »
Hi, I just got an echo and i am satisfy with it.  and it is hard for me to make it shut when there is a conversation that must be private. So it comes to me to make a device that can easily shut alexa from listening by saying "privacy".
i am making the project not to earn profit i just want to help everyone to gain there privacy in an easiest way. Just like the device did to me. And i just need a little help to make the project successful.  so just personally message me if want to know more about the project.

I am too excited to tell everyone how cool is it .

Juder001

Tap connectivity priblems
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2018, 01:21:09 pm »
We’ve had our Amazon Tap for over a year. We never had problems with it until recently. Could only play Pandora and Bluetooth wouldn’t work. I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc several times to no avail. After contacting our internet provider and ruling out WiFi problems, we decided to purchase a new Tap. When the new Tap arrived I was so excited to finally have one work with all of the features. NO SUCH LUCK!  It had the same issues.

I finally called Amazon and found out they’re currently having problems with the Tap and should have it fixed in a couple of days. I was angry. I just purchased a new Tap and was never told about the problems beforehand. Needless to say, if I’d have known, I’d never had purchased a second Tap. I’m a loyal Amazon customer but this was a big disappointment to me.