mike27oct

Re: Welcome aboard!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 12:28:55 am »
We see you figured it out!

Amaranthim

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2017, 03:14:11 pm »
Hello folks!
Great to find a forum of fellow Alexa Fans!
My first encounter with Alexa was my Firestick. Loved being able to talk and watch Amazon content. Then came the Dot- much more wallet-friendly and I jumped on!
I love having silly interactions with "her". "Alexa, good morning!" And she gives me a few tidbits to start the day- after the usual news thing, there are other things that come up during the day I can ask or request. Sure, still lots of room for improvement. I look forward to less, "Hmm.. I can't help you with that" or similar.

Today I received and set up my Wand. I like that because it makes her portable ;) I can have her at work in a limited capacity but still! Hoping for more improvements there as well. I do believe a flash briefing there should be available. Having this is one step closer to maybe.. dare I dream? A Wearable!! Imagine, a la Star Trek!

malliekm

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2017, 06:36:03 pm »
Beam me up Scotty :)

mike27oct

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2017, 08:16:51 pm »
Teach your Dot to turn on/off lights etc.  More fun than asking it questions, since it is doing some work for you.  Turning on/off three lamps at once via voice beats walking to each lamp!

Susoak

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2017, 12:46:29 pm »
Well I'm s little late to the game as I'm reading things all from2016.  I happened upon this when I googled a Question I had on my Dot!  I assume the answers in
 here would apply to the doctor also since they pretty much work the same it's just the speaker situation. I purchased three dots and one speaker and have so far hooked up one dot in the front room with the speaker.   The first speaker I purchased from Amazon I could never get it hooked up Bluetooth to the dot. But my husband had a speaker and somehow we were able to get it hooked to it. So it sounding good and I'm not sure if this is the place to register my question so if this isn't the right place please let me know. 

Question I had was when I'm on the Alexa app it often says I'm not online and yet I have hooked it up to Wi-Fi numerous times. And I'm getting the music which is has to be coming through Wi-Fi so I"m little confused as to why it would say that. And then trying to get one particular song or something it said that again So I went through the process of adding the Wi-Fi again maybe I'm doing something wrong, because why would it drop off once you hooked it up. Thanks for anything you have regarding this.

philkin

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 11:00:57 am »
There maybe a good answer but I can't understand all the ....(dots) through out the text. Very annoying! What's up!

Ibis

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »
Where do I enter my name phonetically? I did change my name to the phonetic spelling under name of device but Echo is still saying my name the same way. I know it's trivial but it is irritating!
Thanks for any help you can give!!

Did anyone ever answer you on how where to change your name phonetically on the echo? I've searched all over this forum and everyone says 'just change your name phonetically' but no one tells you where to do it. Hoping they don't mean on the Amazon account itself... that just wouldn't make sense. I hate how Alexa pronounces my name. And when ppl say 'Ai''s are not there yet', then they haven't used Siri. Siri actually asks you how you pronounce your name by repeating it back 5-6 different ways and let's you pick the best one. It's awesome! If only Alexa could do that as a skill... anyway, I digress, still where to change name phonetically I'd like to know. Thanks!

cockatooai

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 02:52:44 am »
Thanks for building this wonderful forum

Jay Vlasak

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 02:56:09 pm »
I am new to the echo dot (roku) and to this forum. NOT a techie. How can I get some free music on my device? Not interested in amazon unlimited.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 12:54:38 pm »
If you have a computer & music on same, use bluetooth.
I personally use iTunes to listen to music through my DOT.

FWIW....
I do not have an Amazon account (no credit card info).  Just a DOT/Amazon log in account.

asianrocker

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2017, 01:48:37 pm »

FWIW....
I do not have an Amazon account (no credit card info).  Just a DOT/Amazon log in account.

Yes you do have an amazon account. It's your log in account. LOL. You can't use any echo device without an amazon account.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »

FWIW....

Yes you do have an amazon account. It's your log in account. LOL. You can't use any echo device without an amazon account.
I guess I should have worded it differently.  I have an account but Amazon does not have my credit card info as I am not a cc online shopper.  I am a check or money order online shopper.  Since I cannot order/purchase from Amazon over the phone, they do not get my business.

Sheila

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2017, 11:57:17 pm »
Hi everyone,
My son just bought my husband and I an Echo. We are having fun with it. She helps me with a lot of things. But there are a couple things I’m trying to do. I notice if there is a clip/video on Facebook it goes through Alexa. Is there a way to turn that off? I tried looking on fb, Alexa app. I’m stumped. Another thing is for right now I don’t want calls or texts to come through Alexa right now. Is there a way to make sure that’s not going through for now?
Thank you

Gerry

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2017, 09:28:17 am »
Can anybody tell me how I can get Alexa to use my name when talking to me?

fbj650

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2018, 02:17:40 pm »
greets group
 Just got the echo for Xmas and am looking forward to using
it and learning more about its capabilities through the forum.
  Happy New Year.
 :) :)