Echo & Alexa Forums

Welcome aboard!

jbb2198

Re: Welcome aboard!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 09:50:04 am »
Great forum!...Lot's of useful information.

h_smith

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:35 pm »
Thank you for creating the forum!

I am a embedded software developer by trade (automotive currently) and looking to network with other developers interested in the Echo and home automation products.

If you are in to programming Alexa skills or other things I am looking forward to chatting with you.

Thanks!

Mork74

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 04:17:33 pm »
just joined, not bought one yet, eyes on the UK dot

so may questions and scenarios to ask
i dont even have smart enabled devices but i just want to talk to Alexa really  :)

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »
just joined, not bought one yet, eyes on the UK dot

so may questions and scenarios to ask
i dont even have smart enabled devices but i just want to talk to Alexa really  :)

The Dots are now cheap; less than dinner out, so spring the big bucks (pounds) and you will learn while you use it.

astrodrew24

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 11:11:25 am »
Glad to find this forum. I will be a first time owner of an Amazon Echo on Wednesday. I ordered the white Echo version that's coming out next week. I see good things about the Echo and I'm curious and would like to add the device to our family. Hope it'll be a start of our home automation in the house. I hope to learn things about the Echo in this forum.

Mork74

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 11:40:47 am »
Its not out till October, think they changed the date

DParker

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 11:45:48 am »

astrodrew24

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 12:55:53 pm »
Yes, thank you. I ordered the Amazon Echo in white, not the Dot and that's what I'm receiving on Wednesday. I also pre-ordered the Dot that's coming in October.

Benomley-guy

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »
Loving my new echo. Although there aren't many U.K. skills as yet, I'm sure this will only be a matter of time. Excellent sound quality too.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get Alexa to read out TV listings or connect to virgin media? The Spotify connectivity is excellent.

Danny_Hays

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 12:53:05 pm »
I am brand new to Echo. Most things are working well. However, when I type on my iPad in other programs, it clicks each stroke on my Echo speaker. How can I stop this?
Turn off your bluetooth connection from the Ipad to the Echo. It's playing all audio from it when connected in this way. Hope this helps. Danny Hays

sosha

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 09:55:44 am »
I'm new here, but have already become fast fan of these devices.  Looking forward to learning tip and tricks from other users.

egomezcapital

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 12:16:01 am »
When I got my Alexa I was disappointed that I couldn't turn on or off my TV. Everything else was awesome.  And the solution like Harmony hub was too expensive for multiple rooms. So I took the descicion to build a device. The first one was a raspberry pie, but few friends ask me to make couple of devices for them so I got the idea to launch a kickstarter campaign. Check it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1882345838/remotsy-wifi-remote-for-alexa-and-smartthings

It'd mean the world to me if you'd spread the word by sharing and pledging into your Facebook and Twitter account. Just two clicks makes a HUGE difference!! Ping me if you have any questions

bowdrie85

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 06:51:00 pm »
Echo NOOB here.  Bought my Amazon Echo on Monday and turned around today and bought an Echo Dot for the bedroom.  I am so impressed with both of these devices. 8)

ManoaHi

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 07:27:48 am »
I will definitely be around this forum. Just as an aside, I've been using Siri for about 5 years, Google Now, then Google Assistant for about 3 years combined. Then Cortana for a little over a year. I've been using Alexa for about 3 hours.

mcain1006

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 09:36:25 am »
Thank you for adding me to the forum. I am new to Echo.