Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa to Alexa calling

BeanoC

Alexa to Alexa calling
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:38:55 pm »
I was excited to learn about the new Echo calling feature. However, it seems you cannot call from one to another if they are on the same account. I have one at home, and one in my office. This would be a great way for me to communicate with my family at home while I am at work, but apparently it is impossible. Anybody know of a workaround for this? I suppose I could de-register the one at home and have it re-registered to my wife's account, but then I would lose some of the extra features that I pay for, such as Amazon unlimited music. Thoughts?

Thanks.

mike27oct

Re: Alexa to Alexa calling
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:57:58 pm »
There seems to be confusion about this feature.  Wife and I can do it.  I suppose the "trick" is although the amazon account in my name, she long ago set up a household account we both are part of.  We both set up the new app on our phones and have sent messages and left calls on the echos in the home. 
For further instruction see Amazon website or give customer service a call.

Whixson

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 04:37:31 pm »
I have the same issue. Not sure about household account, can you register or assign sepatate echos to different members of a household account? Also wish I could use a landline number.

Mazarin

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 06:52:14 am »
did you try "alexa call home" on either your echoes ?

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 03:35:28 pm »
This works to easily make an intercom connection.