Echo & Alexa Forums

Connecting Echo Dot to Computer Speakers

cfuglein

Connecting Echo Dot to Computer Speakers
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:48 am »
 :o

Is there a way to connect my Dot to my computer speakers, while still using the speakers for the computer?  I sometimes like to play music from Dot instead of my computer.  My computer speakers are much better than Dot's.

Re: Connecting Echo Dot to Computer Speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:05:21 pm »

Is there a way to connect my Dot to my computer speakers, while still using the speakers for the computer?  I sometimes like to play music from Dot instead of my computer.  My computer speakers are much better than Dot's.

if your computer has bluetooth you can.  if you have an audio in port available you can if you run a wire.. 

cfuglein

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:50:46 pm »
I've tried running a wire from the Amazon output to my computer's input, but that doesn't seem to work.  My computer does not have Bluetooth.

Any other suggestions?  Is there anything I have to do to the Dot?

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »
My computer does not have Bluetooth.

Any other suggestions?  Is there anything I have to do to the Dot?
Visit the DOT tech support site for suggestions.

CLICKY CLICK--->Echo Dot Connectivity Also, check out the other links that my be of interest.
Last resort, call tech support:  1-877-375-9365

HTH

Dasym

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 12:38:05 pm »

I use this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LM0ZGK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1