Echo & Alexa Forums

How to unforget devices

fogyreef

How to unforget devices
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:30:53 pm »
I had three new devices that were discovered but when they were discovered they were also listed as offline. I fiddled with some settings and they were still offline, so I told Alexa to forget the devices so I could try rediscovering them. Since they they haven't been discovered. I'm trying to debug if the device servers are to blame, but I need Alexa to unforget and reconnect to them.

How is that done?

Also, any thoughts as to why they were discovered but listed as offline? Thanks.

mike27oct

Re: How to unforget devices
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 04:41:37 pm »
Key point before proceeding:  WHAT are the three devices?

fogyreef

Re: How to unforget devices
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:27:19 pm »
I just configured the following to control some radio frequency-controlled skylight covers:

Broadlink RM2 Pro: a hub that learns RF and IR signals to rebroadcast. It uses their e-Control app.

RM Plugin: an app that incorporates an Alexa bridge between the Broadlink and Alexa. You create spoofed Hue light bulbs as the new devices, and set open and close actions for each device. I have created two devices for Alexa to discover: a left skylight and a right skylight. (I said 3 devices above, but deleted one since).

Both the e-Control app and the RM Plugin app separately successfully signals the skylights to open or close.

The last step is to get Alexa to discover the to devices hosted by the RM Plugin app. Alexa successfully discovered them, but listed them as offline. I messed around and finally told Alexa to forget them, hoping to rediscover them, but ever since she hasn't, even after resetting Alexa.

1) How do I unforget/rediscover the devices? 2) What would make the devices discovered but offline?