Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Help w/ Skill Problem Please

Alpha Bitch

Re: Help w/ Skill Problem Please
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 02:05:17 pm »
@   malliekm

Does it help if I make the font a little bigger on this end?
Perfect on my end.  No need for my reading glasses.

mike27oct

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »
@AB
There is a way in Windows browsers to enlarge (zoom) the screen display over 100% so I, too, see the whole thing better, but I do not adjust the font size of the text editor of this forum  This is what I believe you have done, i.e. enlarge the font size of this message editor so that your posts end up much larger than all the other posts here.

jim1590

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 03:09:23 pm »
One thing you could try is to enable the NPR skill as the defaut flash briefing. Have Alexa tell you the news and then switch back to Fox. Maybe jar something loose.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 12:03:01 am »
I'd just like to throw this out there in case no other ideas or solutions come around.
There are several versions of Fox News, many of them localized. Perhaps the one that your mother is using has been abandoned or is no longer being updated. Or perhaps for some odd reason, her WiFi router or ISP is not allowing the connection to the particular server that Fox uses to stream the audio. 

Being that there are several versions, you might consider enabling one of the other Fox News skills.

These are my search results:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dalexa-skills&field-keywords=fox+news&rh=n%3A13727921011%2Ck%3Afox+news

malliekm

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 12:33:01 am »
One thing you could try is to enable the NPR skill as the defaut flash briefing. Have Alexa tell you the news and then switch back to Fox. Maybe jar something loose.

I'll give that a try Jim.  Thanks!

malliekm

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 12:39:14 am »
I'd just like to throw this out there in case no other ideas or solutions come around.
There are several versions of Fox News, many of them localized. Perhaps the one that your mother is using has been abandoned or is no longer being updated. Or perhaps for some odd reason, her WiFi router or ISP is not allowing the connection to the particular server that Fox uses to stream the audio. 

Being that there are several versions, you might consider enabling one of the other Fox News skills.

These are my search results:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dalexa-skills&field-keywords=fox+news&rh=n%3A13727921011%2Ck%3Afox+news

Ah ha!  It's a liberal plot!  Oops, can I still say that in this millennium?  Well of course I can <g>
Thanks!  I had no idea there were so many FN skills.  Another round of company company coming.  This time from Houston and California.  May be be a week or so before I can try these latest ideas.
Monica

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 03:23:08 pm »
Ah ha!  It's a liberal plot!  Oops, can I still say that in this millennium?  Well of course I can <g>
Thanks!  I had no idea there were so many FN skills.  Another round of company company coming.  This time from Houston and California.  May be be a week or so before I can try these latest ideas.
Monica

Just wait... Fox News is now being taken over by the liberal son of the last guy who ran it... and he's getting rid of conservatives as quickly as he can...

I have one Fox News on mine and it seems fine as well... I hadn't realized there was a list either... Now I know another way to check things out if mine dies a slow death as well... I'm glad your mother had this problem so the rest of us can learn from it... not that I want your mother to be out her FN skill... just ... somebody had to lose for everyone else to win... right?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

malliekm

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 01:19:12 pm »
I am reporting that ALL IS WELL WITH MOM'S FOX NEWS SKILL.  She did nothing...we don't think.  She got an email from Amazon a couple days after her phone call to them about the problem.  The next time she tried the skill after reading the email, the FN skill worked!  AFAIK, the email didn't have any instructions on how to fix the issue.  Ask me how glad I have THAT'S over! LOL

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 06:32:08 pm »
I am reporting that ALL IS WELL WITH MOM'S FOX NEWS SKILL.  She did nothing...we don't think.  She got an email from Amazon a couple days after her phone call to them about the problem.  The next time she tried the skill after reading the email, the FN skill worked!  AFAIK, the email didn't have any instructions on how to fix the issue.  Ask me how glad I have THAT'S over! LOL
Thanks for the update.