Echo & Alexa Forums

Google Home can now tell who's talking

malliekm

Re: Google Home can now tell who's talking
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:06 am »
Is this working yet?  GH has come out with SO many new features, it's hard to keep up with what's working NOW and what will in the near future.  It's just DH and I and he's not into talking to inanimate objects (g)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 01:48:15 am »
Is this working yet?  GH has come out with SO many new features, it's hard to keep up with what's working NOW and what will in the near future.  It's just DH and I and he's not into talking to inanimate objects (g)

DH - your great grandson????

sorry could not resist.  just noticed because it is also my initials too :-)  I thing both GH and the Echo both still have a lot of growing to do.  The competition has begun.  the question is, which will be the winner  :-)  or is there a darkhorse in the mix. 

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 02:09:24 am »
Hey, I'm not old enough for a great-grandson! Oldest grandbaby is 11.
DH is "dear husband".  I thought everyone knew that.
Some wives might use different adjectives but if I use it, it
will always mean "dear" :)

It's indeed exciting to see all the new features being implemented.  Just hope
we haven't gotten too smart for our own good.  My 35 year old daughter won't have
any of this in her house!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 02:20:08 am »
actually I did not know.  I don't text so if it is a text abbreviation, I would not know.  oh well... :-[

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
No it's not a texting thing. Only been texting for about three years.l but I've been using DH and other acronyms for  20+ years on public forums and groups.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 04:20:35 pm »
No it's not a texting thing. Only been texting for about three years.l but I've been using DH and other acronyms for  20+ years on public forums and groups.

live and learn  :-)  I have been on public forums and groups too since the late 80's.  even ran my own bbs in the mid 90's and just don't recall seeing that specific acronym before or if I did, just forgotten about it.  got old and starting to forget things  :-(