Echo & Alexa Forums

History question to Alexa

ric80

History question to Alexa
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:01:39 am »
Hi,
We were talking about our ancestors (building our Genealogy tree) and we wanted to know when "Middle Age" started and ended.
So I asked Alexa : "When does the middle age start and end?" ; I got "Sorry, I couldn't find the answer to your question".
I tried : "When is the start of the Middle age?", I got the same : "Sorry, I couldn't find the answer to your question".

Do we need an History Skill for history question?

Same question if we want to know something related to Geography...

Ric.

strayfish

Re: History question to Alexa
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:19:51 am »
You may only have to tighten up your question - I asked 'When did the Middle Ages start?' [note the 's'] and got 'The Middle Ages started in 400'.

ric80

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:04 am »
I'll try tonight...
Thanks,
Ric.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 01:13:48 pm »
Hi,
We were talking about our ancestors (building our Genealogy tree) and we wanted to know when "Middle Age" started and ended.
So I asked Alexa : "When does the middle age start and end?" ; I got "Sorry, I couldn't find the answer to your question".
I tried : "When is the start of the Middle age?", I got the same : "Sorry, I couldn't find the answer to your question".

Do we need an History Skill for history question?

Same question if we want to know something related to Geography...

Ric.
For the record it's "Middle Ages."

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 05:29:28 pm »
picky, picky, picky... :P

mindmagic

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 03:03:56 am »
Middle age starts at 35 (or thereabouts).

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 06:40:14 am »
Middle age starts at 35 (or thereabouts).

thanks a lot,  :( I only recently found out I was qualified to live in senior citizens housing.  You know how depressing that is????  then you come on here and say I was middle age for the last 20+ years!!   :o

anyway, back on subject.  I think someone hit the nail on the head with why it will be difficult for alexa to answer some questions.  there is a big difference in the meaning of the phrase middle age when adding an "s" to make it middle ages.   who knows how many other phrases are out there that could cause similar issues. 

malliekm

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 05:59:21 pm »
To get Alexa to answer the question when does middle age start I had to say "Alexa, Wikipedia when does middle age start?". She answered with "between 40 and 60".  In two years I'll be old :-\

To ask about the Middle Ages, I simply asked, " Alexa when did the Middle Ages start?". Answer, 400.