Echo & Alexa Forums

Simple Phillips Hue color question....

itsjustmeee

Simple Phillips Hue color question....
« on: April 17, 2017, 01:06:31 pm »
Does anyone know how to tell alexa to change Hue bulbs back to a standard "soft white" shade after colored lights? If I say "white", than it's more of a ugly florescent light color as opposed to a standard softer more pleasant bulb color. 

Thanks.

Offline kevb

Re: Simple Phillips Hue color question....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »
I think you can say "make the light warmer" or cooler.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »
Ah, cool. I'll give that a try.... thanks!

itsjustmeee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »
I think you can say "make the light warmer" or cooler.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work.

Offline kevb

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »
It might be tied to the room instead of the light. I'll try a couple of things tonight when I get home. According to the Hue website, it's supposed to work by saying "warm white" or "cool white" as well.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 06:32:00 pm »
It might be tied to the room instead of the light. I'll try a couple of things tonight when I get home. According to the Hue website, it's supposed to work by saying "warm white" or "cool white" as well.

Yeah, I'm trying to change a living room with 3 lights associated with it ... not an individual bulb. It seems the only way that I can go from a color lit room to a standard one is with an app and not alexa. I can tell alexa to make the lights "white" but it's not a particularly pleasing shade.

Offline kevb

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:26:08 pm »
I was able to say "set the entryway to cool white" and both Hue lights in that "room" came on to a glaring white. I was able to then say "Make the entryway warmer" and they did change. I was able to make them warmer a couple of times. I also tried "set the entryway to warm white" and it worked as well. I've found though that sometimes it doesn't work, and I have to say "set the entryway to the color red". Weird. Hope you get it figured out.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:01:01 pm »
I was able to say "set the entryway to cool white" and both Hue lights in that "room" came on to a glaring white. I was able to then say "Make the entryway warmer" and they did change. I was able to make them warmer a couple of times. I also tried "set the entryway to warm white" and it worked as well. I've found though that sometimes it doesn't work, and I have to say "set the entryway to the color red". Weird. Hope you get it figured out.

That works great. Now I just have to remember it!