Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dot not working

Songen

Echo dot not working
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:18:07 am »
I have two echo dots and both are not working. It's knows it's name but won't answer Any body else having this problem today?

Songen

Re: Echo dot not working
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:21:08 am »
Both just started working...

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:51:11 am »
It appears that a lot of Echo devices were not responding today.
At about 8pm (Pacific time), my Echoes will light up when I say "Alexa" but it will ignore everything I said after that.
It seems to have fixed itself at about 11:30pm.
Possibly Amazon servers were having problems again.

I have two echo dots and both are not working. It's knows it's name but won't answer Any body else having this problem today?

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 06:26:49 pm »
Amazon needs to put up a server status page so we can check during  these episodes.

Hey Amazon employee monitoring this forum, why not toss up that suggestion at the next meeting?

jim1590

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 09:30:14 am »
Amazon needs to put up a server status page so we can check during  these episodes.

Hey Amazon employee monitoring this forum, why not toss up that suggestion at the next meeting?

They may not do that because then there would be a trackable way as to the up-time percentage (and thus the down time) of the Alexa service. If the numbers get seemingly bad, google may try to capitalize off of it. Although I think the echo is a better current product.

iolinux333

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 02:46:03 pm »
Amazon runs one of the most reliable back ends on the planet. I doubt their uptime would be less than Google's.