Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

20% Off TP-Link Bulb When Ordered Thru Alexa

20% Off TP-Link Bulb When Ordered Thru Alexa
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:42:13 am »

Red light, green light

Now you can change the color and the color temperature of your lights without lifting a finger. Set the mood with Alexa enabled brands like Philips, LIFX, and TP-Link to wind down, power up, or get weird.

For a limited time, Prime members can get 20% off a TP-Link bulb when you shop with Alexa. Customers using Philips Hue bulbs must have hub v2 with the skill enabled.
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14552177011&ref_=pe_1840220_234165620_MP_AUCC_MX_HV_Sub_Fri_echo_crm_04_14_show-with-alexa

Re: 20% Off TP-Link Bulb When Ordered Thru Alexa
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:12:18 am »
I ordered one of the tp-link multi-color LED dimmable light bulbs. My first order through Alexa. That was about 15 minutes ago and I still haven't received an email from Amazon confirming my order... hummm.  I checked my order page and it's there.  Strange that I didn't get an email though.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:30:19 pm »
So let us know how you like it (it's an LED ya know.) 
As for me, (to paraphrase an old Bogey movie quote) "We don't need no stinkin' badges -- or $50 light bulbs!"

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 02:03:52 pm »
Yeah I know it's a stinkn' LED bulb.  We don't have a white wall in the entire house but the lightest color is the master bathroom and I have 5 light bulbs on three different switches in there.  I think I'll put it in the chandelier above the tub. And yes it's legal to have a chandelier over the tub... We live in the country and we don't need no stinkin codes out here ;)

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 07:24:17 pm »
"Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" is a stinkin' good Bogey movie.  Put it on your bucket list to see it.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 01:24:18 am »
"We don't need no stinkin' badges -- or $50 light bulbs!"
...or $50 AIs or $35 smart outlets or $700 smartphones ;)  Of course I could go on and on and on but
"less is best"  ;D

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 03:12:39 am »
Stinking badges -- The original scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU

And, this is what has happened later to these great lines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT8hE7_8BCY

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 02:42:34 am »
Sending light bulb back to Amazon. Even with an excellent Wi-Fi connection the thing is squirrely. Long delays in changing settings or it doesn't change at all. Sometimes it changes all by itself with no input for me.