Echo & Alexa Forums

Streaming over bluetooth from my Samsung Note 3

btbuz

Streaming over bluetooth from my Samsung Note 3
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:46:49 pm »
It's interesting that the sounds generated by my phone will play on the Echo but i can't stream any music.  When I go to the Echo App and look at the Bluetooth, it is connected but streaming is grayed out.  I would so love to be able to stream music from my phone.  I've got 50 GB of music to listen to and several subscription services as well as internet radio.  It would be cool to stream any of them.  Anyone have any ideas?

mike27oct

Re: Streaming over bluetooth from my Samsung Note 3
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 03:29:54 am »
I stream music from anywhere to my Echo's Bluetooth using my iPhone, iPad and Kindle tablet.  When I say "from anywhere" I am referring to music stored on drives that are part of my home network, my cloud, or from music apps (e.g. Slacker, TuneIn, etc).  In fact, I hardly have any media (i.e. music, video, photos) stored on my mobile devices -- I do not have to since I can stream the media right from the source to my mobile devices and onward with Bluetooth.

About the only tip I can think of to pass on to you is to be sure your phone and Echo's Bluetooth are connected to one another.  Alexa will tell you that the Bluetooth is connected when they hook up.

Jean D

Re: Streaming over bluetooth from my Samsung Note 3
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:05:41 pm »
btbuz, Im guessing you probably are connected since you can hear phone sounds, but something is wrong with your bluetooth settings and/or your phone. You should be able to hear audio from your phone via bluetooth when connected. I know with my iphone I have a dropdown which lets me choose phone/bluetooth/airplay/speaker. Perhaps you have some settings that need adjustment. I'm not familiar with your phone enough to tell you where to look though.