Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot simultaneous wired and bluetooth output?

whitet86

Echo Dot simultaneous wired and bluetooth output?
« on: April 08, 2017, 03:43:40 am »
Hello, I would like to connect my echo dot to an AV receiver for music, but still use the dot even when the receiver is not on. If the dot is connected to the receiver by Bluetooth, can I also connect a wired auxilery speaker?

mike27oct

Re: Echo Dot simultaneous wired and bluetooth output?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 04:20:19 am »
Maybe so, because I have it all set up the opposite.  I have a Dot with the output wire into a stereo's input, and if the Dot is not playing through the stereo, I have a BT speaker already paired with the Dot, so all I have to do is turn on the BT speaker very close to the Dot so they connect and I can play Dot's output through the BT speaker; I can then move the speaker 20-30 feet from the Dot if I want to. To return to the other condition, all I need to do is turn off the BT speaker (Dot and speaker disconnect) and music from Dot will play through the stereo once again.  You might want to try this setup as well.

What I described can also be done with an Amazon Echo and BT speaker as well.

Kikketer

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 11:14:14 am »
So I have somewhat the opposite and it used to work!  I had a simple PC style speaker system setup on the wire, and a receiver that has bluetooth.  Typical use cases would just to let the wired speakers do their thing, but every once and awhile I wanted to hear it through the good speakers on the receiver.  So I turn it on and BAM worked.... at least it used to.

Amazon did an update and now it seems the wire overrides the bluetooth (instead of just automatically ignoring it when bluetooth is connected).  This happened around the time the new visual echo arrived (forget the name).

Anyway now when I have the echo connect to the bluetooth receiver while wired, it buzzes, freaks out for a couple seconds then just disconnects the bluetooth.  If i try again with the wire disconnected, all is fine.

Of course Amazon doesn't have a help article for this, nor do they have an actual contact.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 12:48:11 pm »
Of course Amazon doesn't have a help article for this, nor do they have an actual contact.

1-877-375-9365
available from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.

FWIW...
The phone number was not working for a few day.  It is now as of this date-6/15.  I just tried it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:49:57 pm by Alpha Bitch »

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:08:28 pm »

1-877-375-9365
available from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.

FWIW...
The phone number was not working for a few day.  It is now as of this date-6/15.  I just tried it.

Is it now going to dial a prayer  :-)