Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Dash Button - Limited Release

Talisman

Amazon Dash Button - Limited Release
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:08:06 pm »
Does anyone have an opinion on these little dash buttons? I am having a hard time justifying the amount of time to configure these buttons vs just adding to my Amazon pantry. They should rename these things to the Amazon Pantry Buttons, and let us choose from the pantry what items and give these suckers away VS charging 5 bucks each.

Re: Amazon Dash Button - Limited Release
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »
yea, threads is a bit old but I just wanted to comment.  Why should we have to pay for a gadget to purchase items that already about 20 percent higher than what they are locally (at least in my area).  It is easier, faster, and cheaper just to tell echo to add it to the shopping list and pick it up the next time at the store. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:13:02 pm »
Amazon did give it away for free for a while. But not any more.

Talisman

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:31:45 am »
Well that's when it was in a testing or a beta phase.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:15 pm »
I just received this email from Amazon.

We’re excited to announce a limited time offer. Buy Amazon Dash Button for $4.99 and automatically receive a $4.99 credit with your first purchase using that Dash Button. Once your Dash Button arrives, make sure you have the latest version of the Amazon App to complete your setup.

Keep Dash Button handy in your pantry, laundry room, bathroom, or anywhere you store your favorite products. When you’re running low, simply press Dash Button, and Amazon quickly delivers your selected item so you never run out of your household favorites again. See full selection of Amazon Dash Buttons.

FAQs
What products can I reorder with Dash Button?
Currently there are many of your favorite household brands to choose from. See selection

How many Dash Buttons can I buy?
You can purchase up to two Dash Buttons within each brand.

Does the $4.99 credit apply to all Dash Buttons?
Yes, every Dash Button you get during this limited time offer will have a $4.99 credit applied to your first purchase with that Dash Button.

When will I receive my Dash Buttons?
Once you've added Dash Buttons to your Shopping Cart and proceeded to checkout, you'll see the estimated delivery date for your buttons. You will receive delivery confirmation when your buttons are ready to ship.

A search on Google for Hacking Amazon Dash Button returned thousands of hits.
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&btnG=Search&q=hacking+amazon+dash+button