Echo & Alexa Forums

Turn Shuffle off

lowspark

Turn Shuffle off
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:44:49 am »
Has anyone figured out how to turn off shuffle? When I want Alexa to play an album I dont necessarily want it to shuffle the album. I am also finding when I want to play an album by a specific artist Alexa doesn't always get it and if I have several albums by that artist it could play any or all when I just want to hear one album.

Offline jwlv

Re: Turn Shuffle off
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »
Has anyone figured out how to turn off shuffle? When I want Alexa to play an album I dont necessarily want it to shuffle the album. I am also finding when I want to play an album by a specific artist Alexa doesn't always get it and if I have several albums by that artist it could play any or all when I just want to hear one album.

While your music is playing, you can say "Alexa, shuffle on" or "Alexa, shuffle off."

ac7ss

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:16:05 am »
I use "Play (album name)" or "Play (artist), (album name)"and it plays it in series.

mikedow

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 07:27:06 am »
That works.  I just used it.  Thanks.

Frodo-dog

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 04:00:36 pm »
Asking Alexa to turn shuffle off after Alexa starts in the middle of an album is fairly pointless, as Alexa has already missed most of the album. How can you default to always NOT shuffle? Surly that would be the most logical starting point!