Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa App stuck on spinning circle

markey164

Alexa App stuck on spinning circle
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:28:22 pm »
Hi,

Just bought the Echo dot 2nd gen and installed the Alexa App on my Galaxy S7 Android. All setup and working perfectly.

After a couple of hours the App screen went black with a white  spinning wheel and just stayed like that.

Did the obvious reboot of the app and restart of the phone, which didn't clear the fault. Looking onlkne, I tried a force stop of the app, cleared the Alexa App cache, uninstalled the app, powered phone off and on, reinstalled the app.

Launched the app, saw the login screen, logged in with my Amazon ID and see the same black screen with spinning wheel. This time though after 30 seconds it goes to a white screen with the Alexa logo and a black spinning wheel. And it just stays in that.

I've repeated the process 2 or 3 times and get the same result each time.

The echo dot is still working fine, and my phone is otherwise still working fine.

It's just the Alexa  app that isn't now working. Any suggestions?

TIA
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:34:28 pm by markey164 »

Jerome

Re: Alexa App stuck on spinning circle
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:14:35 am »
Hi,
I don't own an Android device but as a workaround you could pin http://alexa.amazon.com/ to your home screen and access the web app instead :-/
That's what I did on my Windows 10 Mobile since we don't have a dedicated app.
Until you find a real fix to your issue...

cruzleo1

Re: Alexa App stuck on spinning circle
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:56:06 pm »
Remove the app then reinstall that usually will fix this problem  99.9999999999999999999999999 % of the time
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:04:58 pm by cruzleo1 »