Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa - Jamie Oliver video to kitchen tablet demo

Jez

Alexa - Jamie Oliver video to kitchen tablet demo
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:21:34 am »
Under 3 minutes to set up, sends limitless recipes with text, images, video directly to a tablet hanging on the wall in your kitchen e.g. 'Alexa Jamie Oliver Apple Crumble'

FREE to use, just want feedback

https://youtu.be/hjXG4oCbXHM

RobertinHerts

Looks potentially useful. Good example of use but the full capabilities need to be made clearer and the video should end with this. 

Make it clear that the (free) product is AddtoPad which can search the web, without having to call a Skill first, and display it on a device of your choosing.

Needs a list of other example uses. A front-end could make it even more user friendly :)

Nice looking website, but tab in Chrome shows "Extractor" rather than "AddtoPad".

Jez

Re: Alexa - Jamie Oliver video to kitchen tablet demo
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 04:47:32 am »
Thanks for the feedback, don't really have a name for the application yet, the website is Addtopad but the application is currently 'Web Extractor'.

The whole application is really showing how the Echo, Dot and Tap can be used in other ways as a 'Voice Recognition' device where any response from the device is a bonus, we can take what is heard and act on it in a thousand different ways ... home automation ... video control ... sending content to specific monitors or specific speakers around the house.

I'm working on including TTS (Text to speech) so that when the doorbell rings, it will be announced automatically. If there's a leak in the house a voice will tell you where it is, possibly even build a personal database of responses that should be spoken when something happens. Mix the two together and we can get the devices to actually ask you questions ... wait and listen for an answer and then act on what you've said.

If you want to subscribe to my youtube channel you will be notified as and when I upload more samples.