Echo & Alexa Forums

Command to "carry on from last time"?

Offline xFlip

Command to "carry on from last time"?
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »
Is there a command which will allow Alexa to play the same radio station I was playing last time?

I often listen to BBC World Service News radio on TuneIn but Alexa ferquently misunderstands my request.  It would nice if I stopped playing this station one evening by saying "Alexa, stop" and then the next morning play the same radio station by saying something like  "Alex, continue".

Is this possible?  What is the command?

malliekm

Re: Command to "carry on from last time"?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:56:00 pm »
Try the commands pause and resume.

k9kids

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 10:36:27 pm »
Stop and start works also.

Jerome

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 04:25:52 am »
Is there a command which will allow Alexa to play the same radio station I was playing last time?

I often listen to BBC World Service News radio on TuneIn but Alexa ferquently misunderstands my request.  It would nice if I stopped playing this station one evening by saying "Alexa, stop" and then the next morning play the same radio station by saying something like  "Alex, continue".

Is this possible?  What is the command?
I don't have my Echo around me right now but it works with Pandora/iHeartRadio.
If I say "Alexa, play Pandora", Alexa will respond something like that "Playing your last Pandora station [name of station]" (I don't recall if it resumes the track where it left off or starts fresh though - resuming does not apply for a live stream obviously)
This might work the same way with TuneIn.
Very handy if you play the same station all the time.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 04:27:27 am by Jerome »

7oaks

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »
I ask Alexa Open TuneIn (or Radioplayer) and she will automatically play the last station that I was listening to on that app.
I hope this helps.

Jerome

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 03:58:52 am »
I ask Alexa Open TuneIn (or Radioplayer) and she will automatically play the last station that I was listening to on that app.
I hope this helps.
Tried it this morning so I can confirm it does work the same as Pandora/iHeartRadio: "Alexa, play TuneIn" :)