Echo & Alexa Forums

Welcome aboard!

Hoofharted

Re: Welcome aboard!
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2021, 06:24:12 am »
Greetings from the home of the Alamo and the Spurs. I am really late to the party because everything was going smoothly until Echo got a hold of Aussie talk. No offense meant.Since I live in a glass house I won't throw any stones. I've already posted my problem on the other forum.

blackbr1

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2021, 09:39:30 am »
Hello All, greetings from Brazil, nice to connect you all.
 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

asnider123

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2021, 03:36:47 pm »
Thanks for your group. I have just been trying things to see if they work. Glad there are others with expertise that dcan be of help. We have 2 Echo Dots in the home, 2 Fire HD10, and one Echo-Auto (just bought another but not yet installed). Next stop: home automation.

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2022, 08:15:27 am »
Greetings Earthlings!  :)

I'm a Computer Engineer in Oklahoma.  Last week, I purchased an Echo Show 5 and I've been using it to make video calls with my family and listen to Amazon Music & SiriusXM.  Next, I want to "stream" my own massive collection of MP3s from my local Intranet.  So, far I have not been impresed with the available options.  I've tried My Media & Plex.  I don't like having to log in to somebody else's server to play music from within my own network.  Then, their software would randomly disconnect from the external server.  Their software also had problems displaying the correct MP3 tag data even though all my files have been vetted with the correct information.  I'd prefer a localized solution that stays within my Intranet (even if I have to create it myself).  I'll be playing with Kodi this weekend, which I have used in the past on an Android TV box, PCs, and a Raspberry Pi.

Cheers,
Miklahoma