Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and Matter devices

Alexa and Matter devices
« on: April 15, 2024, 08:09:23 pm »
Greetings

Worked in the IT industry for over 40 years hands on.

I have an Echo Show 8 2nd Gen controlling a number of Ring cameras, a Ring bell and multiple Tapo bulbs around the place. I also have a Pixel tablet plus multiple devices (computers, Google TV, phones etc) - all the usual suspects.

Alexa recently announced:

Code: [Select]
A device on your network signalled to your Echo device that it is compatible with Alexa or has Alexa built in. By connecting your device to Alexa, you can enable helpful features like voice control and automation with routines.

To see which of your smart home devices are available to connect to Alexa you can click the link below.

So I clicked the link, got to a QR Code, clicked that and Alexa opened on my phone with a message to "Connect your Matter device". When I click through I get to "Does your device have a Matter logo". At this point I have absolutely no idea which device this refers to so I cannot go any further.

So, the question is, how do I identify which device this refers to? I have searched high and low but cannot find anyting that will enumerate any local matter enabled devices.

TIA

Nigel

Re: Alexa and Matter devices
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 11:24:51 am »
if everything is working without any problems, then matter does not matter.   I would ignore the notification.  To answer your question, I think the best you can do is to go to the device's own app and see when it received the latest update.   If it updated about the time you received the notification, then you found the device.    Otherwise, I know of no other way, someone else might.