Echo & Alexa Forums

Access Echo app via PC's browser

mike27oct

Access Echo app via PC's browser
« on: August 09, 2015, 08:05:07 pm »
Sometimes it can be handy to get to the Echo app from a non-mobile device like a computer.  So, in browser, go to echo.amazon.com and you are there.

For example, instead of yelling at Alexa from across the house to play a TuneIn station, do it from your PC, and if you have the station in your app's TuneIn Favorites, it's even easier.

ScarlettPhoenix

Re: Access Echo app via PC's browser
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:47 am »
LOL!  I'm sitting right next to her and am at my computer. Sometimes, when I'm working it's easier just to go to the app, click the card I want and voila!  I'm hearing what I want to hear without interrupting my train of thought.

skrause

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:05:28 pm »
I like the idea of accessing the Echo from a computer sometimes.   BUT, the echo.amazon.com site of course wants an Amazon login to do so.  OR I could login once and stay logged into Amazon for two weeks but I've always been paranoid about leaving myself logged into to Amazon.   If someone grabbed my computer with Amazon logged in and I don't have a general Windows login setup (which I don't because it is not real hard to crack through the Windows login - I've done it when I forgot my Windows password) then it seems that anyone could get on my Amazon account and start buying stuff.  Am I missing something?   

If I am logged in to Amazon to access the echo page isn't it possible to directly buy stuff from the PCs web page without further entering the Amazon password?     --- I'd experiment with this, except that I can't think of anything I want to buy right now.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 02:28:00 am »
If your Echo is on it is continuously connected to echo.amazon.com

Here is how to see this:  On the Alexa app go into Settings, find and click on: 
     About the Amazon Alexa app

and you will see it is connected to echo.amazon.com.  So connecting the computer to this site is same as connecting a phone or tablet.  So there is no problem as you describe, and anyway, you can also close out the browser window to remove it from seeing it in a browser unless you want to.