Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Goolge AI and Alexa Are TALKING to Each Other!

malliekm

Goolge AI and Alexa Are TALKING to Each Other!
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »
I am probably the first non professional geek to get two AIs to talk to each other...and if I'm not, don't ruin it for me!  ;D
Last night I was exploring the new Google AI on my Samsung phone.  I asked Google, "Can you talk to Alexa?"  You can see in the image below what the Google AI's reply was.  I nearly jumped out of bed when I heard Alexa say, "Sure, I'm always happy to make new friends" OMGosh!  ;D 

mike27oct

Re: Goolge AI and Alexa Are TALKING to Each Other!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:28:06 pm »
Next thing ya know, you will be telling us your Dot made contact with aliens!   ;)

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:36:48 pm »
Well, I guess you had to be there  :P  No one I've told around here was impressed either.  Oh well. 

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:10:57 am »
Was just "messin'" with ya.  Do you want black, or white, cords with your Dot?   ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:25:40 am »
Well, I guess you had to be there  :P  No one I've told around here was impressed either.  Oh well. 

he was just jealous you did it before him  :-)   I think it is always pretty interesting when you get two devices talking to each other.  could make you wonder what they say behind your back.

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 01:41:22 pm »
Was just "messin'" with ya.  Do you want black, or white, cords with your Dot?   ;)

Depends on the color of the Dot of course!  Geez, don't get me started on that again LOL

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:48:10 pm »

he was just jealous you did it before him  :-)   I think it is always pretty interesting when you get two devices talking to each other.  could make you wonder what they say behind your back.

I know  ;)
I told my sister and daughter about it, showed my husband and parents...the responses were overwhelmingly UNDERwhelming  :-[

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 02:01:54 pm »
I don't have an Android phone, so unless the AI app is also made for iOS, I can't even attempt this.

BTW, I am "somewhat" overwhelmed you did this.  Now, can you provoke them into an argument?  ;)

(He asks as they continue to hijack the original post.)

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 02:47:57 pm »

I know  ;)
I told my sister and daughter about it, showed my husband and parents...the responses were overwhelmingly UNDERwhelming  :-[

you can change their attitude if you got Alexa and Google to talk to each other when they were not expecting it and you are not around  ;-)

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 05:51:25 pm »
FINALLY!  Someone (almost) as excited about the two AIs talking to each other as I was.  My 8 yo grandson.  Bless his heart :) 
Mike, you can get Google Assitant by installing Google Allo.  Here's a link to Allo in the app store.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-allo-smart-messaging/id1096801294?mt=8

mike27oct

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 06:31:59 pm »
OK, I will try soon, but I may need a six pack of my favorite beer to get more motivated.  First having issues getting BT working right around my Echo universe again.

malliekm

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 02:09:18 am »
It didn't take long for someone to copy me  ;) ;D
http://mashable.com/2016/11/30/amazon-echo-google-home-talk-loop/

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 04:53:03 am »

did you look at the date of the article - I would say you copied them  :-)

mike27oct

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 05:17:15 am »
Bullseye, renegade ;)

malliekm

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 06:56:54 am »

did you look at the date of the article - I would say you copied them  :-)

Noooooo!  Darn 😦