Echo & Alexa Forums

Daylight Savings no update

Wytchie

Daylight Savings no update
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:13:49 am »
So for those of us whose Echo did not update, how do I get it to update, I can't find a way in the application, it doesn't update if I tell it to update, I'm out of ideas.

I reinstalled the Alexa app, unplugged the Echo and nothing worked help, please!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:47:15 am by Wytchie »

CChamp

Re: Daylight Savings no update
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:59:37 am »
Good question. Good thing I didn't rely on an alarm for work this morning. Would have been late.  >:(

CChamp

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:09:22 am »
Found the fix on another Forum, worked for me.

Just changing the timezone from "America/Eastern Standard Time" to "US/Eastern Standard Time" fixed it on my Echo and two Dots. No power cycle was needed.

Wytchie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:59:21 am »
OMGosh! It worked just as you said CChamp! Thank you so much!

Wytchie

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:03:36 am »
CChamp, I can't stop asking what the time is!  I'm so happy that you found the fix!   :D

CChamp

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:29:37 pm »
Glad it worked out, not sure why "America" didn't work. Also heard that if you put it on "Amazon" location instead of "US" that it works also. I think I will just leave well enough alone tho.  :D

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »
This was not a "fix" it was all about having the correct setting for your Alexa devices.  This would be an excellent time for people to check ALL their settings of all their devices for accuracy.

CChamp

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 02:44:07 pm »
This was not a "fix" it was all about having the correct setting for your Alexa devices.  This would be an excellent time for people to check ALL their settings of all their devices for accuracy.

Thank you for pointing out our error. It "Fixed" mine so I am a happy camper.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 05:55:36 am »

I don't recall this problem last year.  It is a good idea to check settings every so often.  sometimes updates can change things. 

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 05:29:45 pm »
Exactly!