Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing playlists from 'My Amazon Library' Playlist

HippoGoose

Re: Playing playlists from 'My Amazon Library' Playlist
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:52 am »
I was having the exact same issue.  Maybe this will help...
Within the app, in the playlist, you should see the play button, the share icon, and the three dots.
If you don't see the share icon, the list isn't in the Amazon cloud (not only do ALL the songs have to be in the cloud, the list itself needs to be uploaded, once all the songs are in the cloud, upload of the list takes 2 seconds at most).
Clicking the three dots, if you select upload, do you get an error message?
If so, look through all your songs, make sure every one of them is "Available Offline and in the Cloud" - it shows as a little computer screen icon with a check-mark on it.
If one song is not uploaded and giving you issues, try to slightly change the metadata (right click on song), and retry the upload to cloud option for the song.

Good luck!

davelebarr

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 10:53:24 am »
I had this problem. 'I can't find the playlist Daves Christmas in your music library'.

But I found if I ask Alexa: 'Alexa play Daves Christmas playlist from my music library' it works fine.

I'm sure last year I didn't have to include 'from my music library' but hey it works now...

We have added Spotify this year suspect that may be related to this. When Alexa starts getting a bit hissy I find adding 'from Spotify' on the end of a request usually does the trick.

For technology that boast about its learning capability it's a bit duff it can't handle playing the same songs and playlists I play all the time without very specific instructions.

asianrocker

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 11:36:24 am »

For technology that boast about its learning capability it's a bit duff it can't handle playing the same songs and playlists I play all the time without very specific instructions.

Or you just don't know the proper command.  :P Paying for subscription to music apps is against my religion so I just listen to tunein and deal with the ads. There is also a certain 80s station I want to listen to.

Found out by accident. If I just say - Alexa, play - it will play 'the last tunein you listened to'.

I would assume it will also work with 'the last playlist you listened to'. Or whatever you last listened. Audiobook, podcast, etc.

Wanna give it a try?

In all honesty, most of the problems I read here in this forum are human error, not the AI error.  :-X
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:47:02 am by asianrocker »

sevi

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 11:45:17 am »
try saying "play MY playlist elbow" think it works

Zanussi

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »
I know this is an old thread but having spent a frustrating evening with the subject we found that if you name your libraries something simple like "Mike" Alexa struggles, use a word or several words with multiple syllables. "Spitfire" worked great, "Spitfire Sal" was interpreted as "Spitfire Song" and failed. Changed Mike to Zanussi and no probs.

Brocken86

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 06:39:25 am »
I had this issue and spent the last hour going through it... Finally finally solved it!!

I logged into Amazon music and it kept taking me to .com instead of .co.uk

Fine I thought. Then I created the playlist and tried to add a song to it and unlimited music kept coming up. Fine, I'll active the 30 free days and see if it's a subscription issue. But that failed to activate cause my county was miss matched. Found the setting to change my account over to the UK!! Did that, accepted the terms. Told Alexa to add to my playlist. Freaking worked.... Asked Alexa to play my playlist... Worked.!! It's a miss match of your Amazon account and music account for country!! Wtf