Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing playlists from 'My Amazon Library' Playlist

litfoo

Playing playlists from 'My Amazon Library' Playlist
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:15:53 pm »
hi there,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have my own personal music uploaded to 'My Amazon Library' Playlist - one of them is called 'Elbow'

However, if i ask  - "Alexa, listen to my Elbow playlist."

Alexa replies - I can find the playlist called Elbow in your Music library.

Wondering how Alexa will recognise and play my personal playlits from my personal library

as far as the Amazon website states at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201628740, it should work

thanks,

litfoo
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:25:23 pm by litfoo »

ScarlettPhoenix

Re: Playing playlists from 'My Amazon Library' Playlist
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 07:55:18 am »
Litfoo, sometimes it's all in the asking, especially if it's something out of the ordinary.
Have you tried, "Alexa, play the playlist "Elbow" from my library?"
I have had to rethink the way I ask her for some of my albums/playlists.  I don't know if she would respond to the command of "Can I listen to...?"
Try that - see if it works.

litfoo

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:03:04 pm »
Litfoo, sometimes it's all in the asking, especially if it's something out of the ordinary.
Have you tried, "Alexa, play the playlist "Elbow" from my library?"
I have had to rethink the way I ask her for some of my albums/playlists.  I don't know if she would respond to the command of "Can I listen to...?"
Try that - see if it works.

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion . I tried it, but Alexa came back:

"I can't  find the playlist called Elbow from my library in your Music library"

If I ask 'Alexa, shuffle my music' - this works and plays tracks from my library

Just seems to have issues playing 'my playlists' that I created from my music

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:56:49 pm »
Maybe Alexa has trouble understanding the word "Elbow?"

As a test, try changing the name of your playlist to something more unique sounding.

I had a similar problem with Alexa understanding certain words. For my home automation setup, I created a group that controls all of my home automation devices. I named the group "house" and I also tried "entire house." For some reason, Alexa is unable to find the group, even though I clearly say, "Alexa, turn off the house [or entire house]." I've since changed the group name to "all lights" and Alexa still has some trouble understanding, but it does get it about 50% of the time.

litfoo

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 11:33:05 am »
Maybe Alexa has trouble understanding the word "Elbow?"

As a test, try changing the name of your playlist to something more unique sounding.

I had a similar problem with Alexa understanding certain words. For my home automation setup, I created a group that controls all of my home automation devices. I named the group "house" and I also tried "entire house." For some reason, Alexa is unable to find the group, even though I clearly say, "Alexa, turn off the house [or entire house]." I've since changed the group name to "all lights" and Alexa still has some trouble understanding, but it does get it about 50% of the time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed it to something else but it is still not working unfortunately.

Would be good to hear if anyone has had any success with what I am trying to achieve.

Can anyone get the Echo to play either:

• a playlist they have created themselves from music in their private library in the Amazon cloud
  • music by a particular artist from music in their private library in the Amazon cloud

Short Step

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 06:34:48 pm »
 I don't have any trouble with asking for my own playlists IF I am using my phone to connect with her. I have trouble getting her to work with my computer.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »
Try getting into the Alexa app on your PC via:  alexa.amazon.com and see if that helps.

kickmaleerie

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 07:01:08 pm »
hi there,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have my own personal music uploaded to 'My Amazon Library' Playlist - one of them is called 'Elbow'

However, if i ask  - "Alexa, listen to my Elbow playlist."

Alexa replies - I can find the playlist called Elbow in your Music library.

Wondering how Alexa will recognise and play my personal playlits from my personal library

as far as the Amazon website states at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201628740, it should work

thanks,

litfoo

I have tried every conceivable way to ask Alexa to play a playlist in my Amazon Music Library and none of them work, not even the ones documented by Amazon in their "Listen to Your Music" section of the Amazon Echo Help Portal!

"Alexa, listen to my Indie Rock for Work playlist."
"Alexa, shuffle my Glitter and Grime playlist."

And I have yet to see a post from anyone confirming that it works for them: anyone?

Alexa plays Prime Music playlists OK.

As others have suggested it is possible to play playlists from your Amazon Music Library using the Alexa app on Android or iOS or via the web interface at echo.amazon.com. You can also use your Echo as a Bluetooth speaker for Google Play etc. Just say "Alexa, pair" to pair with your bluetooth device that you want to play music from.

DebbieR

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »
I say "Alexa play my library playlist Rock" (or whatever your playlist is named), all in one sentence without pauses. I've started writing down what works, been trying to learn Alexa-speak for a year now. Hope this helps!

BerryCat1

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 08:00:28 pm »
It is important to carefully but quickly enunciate exactly what you want Alexa to do.  Alexa:  Play Amazon playlist F3.   I tried this thrice.  The first time, I did it right....  The second time, nope...  Third time...    I've waited all my life to get out of the trenches! 

I suppose that the voice training Alexa offers might be important as it likely picks up accents, lazy tongues and such.   (I myself nearly lost part of my tongue when I was a child and I have a bit of a speech impediment.)

nedly

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 10:55:04 am »
i think you need to have more than one library.

siweriepa

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 02:52:38 pm »
This command from a previous reply also worked for me when several others didn't: ""Alexa play my library playlist [blah]" (no pauses)

reeskylr

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
This command from a previous reply also worked for me when several others didn't: ""Alexa play my library playlist [blah]" (no pauses)

Same here!  ;D  I just need to set up as many as I have in Windows Media now :)

mindmagic

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 05:45:03 am »
I just say "play (or shuffle) playlist X" and I rarely have a problem, either with my own playlists or Amazon's. Alexa does struggle to understand the names of foreign classical composers, though.

Thunderhawk

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 09:04:19 am »
Dude! I feel your pain and have exhausted all options as well. Its not an issue of saying it right. My theory is that it has to do with either the amount of songs or the content/music/albums in the playlist. I noticed 2 difference in the playlist alexa connot find/see, from the other 5 she can, in my account.
1. Higher number of songs
2. When clicking on the three dots next to the playlist, i do not get the option to Share it
That leads me to believe their is some kind of restriction/rule preventing it from being seen by echo devices and shared with others. There may be music in it that requires a higher subscription.