Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo and echo dot problems

Jonnibravo

Echo and echo dot problems
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:13:12 am »
Currently I have had the echo since it came out and the echo dot since end of December. I have experienced connectivity issues with Lifx, a problem where if I connect to a bluetooth speaker the echo dot loses connection when connected to wi-fi, and regular almost persistent problems with the device understanding simple requests. One evening I asked echo dot for a weather report and it gave me information on restaurants. Another example when asking for a book in my audible library called "creating freedom" at various points alexa has heard "creatine freedom", Creating of freedom, and several variations of the above except creating freedom. In recent weeks since requesting amazon support the situation has got worst, my echo now is struggling to hear me and often only hears me perfectly when you can hear a pin drop. I tried turning off my book yesterday afternoon after giving up asking for the book itself and saying "play my last book" and I had to manually turn it down to the last light on the volume control before it actually heard me. You can almost guarantee that I have to ask alexa three times before it will play me a track from spotify and at first it will even say it cant find it despite me knowing it is there.

Is anyone else having these problems and did you find a solution?

mike27oct

Re: Echo and echo dot problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:14 pm »
As with most gadgets today, the first line of defense is to "turn it off and turn it on" meaning, reboot the darn thing.  Unplug the gadget, leave it off for 5 minutes to clear all gremlins, then plug it back in, and usually things will be better.