Echo & Alexa Forums

"Have you heard of Amazon Alexa? We need your help!"

RosaPerez

"Have you heard of Amazon Alexa? We need your help!"
« on: February 17, 2017, 12:46:40 pm »
"Hello, all!

I am an MBA student working on a marketing research project and our team needs help!  Our project is related to pizza restaurants and technology.

There are two ways that you can help:
1) Complete our 10-minute survey http://smubusiness.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1AdLVe3FzxaUeyh
2) Share this survey link with anyone you know who may have heard of OR used Amazon Alexa. 

Thank you in advance for your help!"

Alpha Bitch

Re: "Have you heard of Amazon Alexa? We need your help!"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:50:21 pm »
Sorry but helping w/homework, let alone from someone I don't know from a can of spray paint ended a few decades ago.

mike27oct

Re: "Have you heard of Amazon Alexa? We need your help!"
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:57:14 pm »
To Rosa,

As a previous marketing major and someone who ended up working in marketing for 30 years, here are some observations and suggestions for you.  Most people do not want to fool with marketing surveys. And, I am one of these people, too.  So, expect more responses like above.

What is the exact purpose of this survey?  Is it to find out if people want to order pizza via their Alexa device, or will people who don't have one buy an Alexa device because they can order pizza from Dominoe's?  I think Amazon already figured this out when they promoted ordering from Dominoe's.  How well is this bringing more business to Dominoe's, only they know.

There are so many irrelevant questions, I was having problems figuring out the goal of the survey?  This survey will collect a lot of varied minutia, but is this info really going to help to meet the goal of the survey?  This same survey could pertain to any take-out/delivered food, so why just focus on pizza?

When I was a marketing student I had to conduct a market research study.  I selected people who I felt would be willing to participate.  I surveyed customers of a hi-end stereo store.  I structured all my questions to answer the question "How satisfied are the customers who did business with the store, and would they continue doing business with them?).  I mailed them letters with the survey.  The store supplied their mailing address, because they were interested in the results and sponsored my survey. Most mail surveys never get over a 50% reply rate. but I got much more by enclosing a stamped reply envelope.  I thought of all the pitfalls of a mail survey, had them covered best I could, and kept the survey short and to the point.

I also hope you and your fellow students did some primary research before sending out the survey.  By this I mean, spending a lot of YOUR time reading through this forum to get an idea of what is going on in the minds of Alexa users.

As for me and pizza, I love it, but never order pizza to be delivered.  Pizza is best consumed right out of the oven, so we like to eat out, and go to a specialty pizza place, (not a chain franchise) that also has our favorite craft beer on tap.  I will never order pizza delivered or any food via Alexa unless it is ever my only option.

Good luck with your survey.
--Mike