Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo Software Updates

Offline jwlv

Amazon Echo Software Updates
« on: February 11, 2015, 03:49:23 pm »
From Amazon's help pages:

Your Amazon Echo updates automatically when it's plugged in, idle, and connected to Wi-Fi.

In addition to bug fixes, the latest software version for Amazon Echo (2249) includes new and enhanced features:

Use hands-free voice control for paired devices

After you pair a mobile device (such as a phone, tablet, or laptop) with Amazon Echo, you can use hands-free voice control to listen to music, audiobooks, and more from that device on your Amazon Echo. To learn more, go to Use Hands-Free Voice Control for Paired Devices.
    Additional voice commands for Shopping and To-do Lists

You can now review items on your Shopping and To-do Lists with your voice. To learn more, go to Manage Your Shopping & To-do Lists.
    Play "Simon Says"

You can say "Alexa, Simon says" to have Amazon Echo repeat whatever you have in mind.

To determine the current software version for Amazon Echo:

Open the Amazon Echo App.
    Open the left navigation panel, and then select Settings.
    Select your device, and then scroll down until you see Echo software version.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:49:40 pm by jwlv »

Offline jwlv

Re: Amazon Echo Software Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:26 pm »
Amazon just released another software update over the weekend (around Feb 21-22).
The most recent version is now 2332.

I have two Amazon Echo's and only one received the update. The other one is still running on version 2249.

As for what the difference is, I have no idea.

sarlen

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:04:14 pm »
How can you tell what version you have?

ac7ss

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 12:38:43 am »
In the app, go to settings, and select the first box. (Glenn's echo on my phone)
scroll to the bottom and it will show the software version (2392 on mine.)

sarlen

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 09:04:00 am »
Thanks!!

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 08:24:45 pm »
I spoke with a CS representative recently and another update is coming, although she wouldn't say when - only that they're rolling it out slowly.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 08:59:59 am »
One of my Echos just got the newly released 3077 update but oddly enough the other one was still on 3058 for a couple of hours before it updated.

You'd think they would both update at the same time or on the same day since they're both tied to the same Amazon account, but apparently not.

Apparently you can try to force it to update by muting the microphone for between 30 minutes to one hour which will force it to check for updates.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:14:12 am by PaulKTF »
-Paul.