Echo & Alexa Forums

JFA Broadlink RM2 Pro

gsuemnic

JFA Broadlink RM2 Pro
« on: February 13, 2017, 02:32:17 pm »
I'm thinking about ordering a JFA Broadlink RM2 Pro.

Has anyone used 'ask google' with the their app ?

rs6060

Re: JFA Broadlink RM2 Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 06:40:58 am »
Hi
Yes I have been messing with one now for the last week or so, with variable success. You will also need the RM Tasker Plugin and ideally a tablet to run the plugin.

I found setting up the Broadlink with the Tasker plug in and the DOT really simple, but now I have dug around, I am finding a number of issues, which have resulted in me looking at starting from scratch again tonight.

Rich

acinsa

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 08:56:34 am »
Hey guys, I've just finished (eventually) getting the RM2 Pro to accept voice commands to operate Rf and IR devices via the Broadlink RM2 without having your phone/tablet permanently connected. Initially this is an Android solution but if you have a Fire Stick which is permanently powered, you can forget about having your Android phone or tablet permanently connected.
It involves getting the Apps2Fire app on your phone/tablet and copying the RM Plugin and the e-Control apps from your device to the Fire Stick. If you have first emulated all your remotes into the e-Control app on your device then you can upload the e-Control app (with its settings) to the Fire Stick.
Then Alexa can discover all of these remotes without having to reprogram the RM2. Ok its not plain sailing and it took me a few goes to get the e-Control app into the fire stick (and a couple of reboots of the Fire Stick) but its now working. I will do an instructable or something similar to define the steps but if you want a walk thru here let me know.
The Apps2Fire app is free on Google Play. The RM Plug in is free for 7 days but only a few quid if you decide to keep. the e-Control is free once you buy the RM2.

bob76

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 05:46:01 am »
I woulf like a step by step tut please

acinsa

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 03:38:32 am »
OK.......I'll compile a tutorial in the next day or two. You'll need an Echo, a Fire Stick and the Android apps (e remote, RM plugin, and Apps2Fire and of course the Broadlink RM.