Echo & Alexa Forums

Only one TP-Link showing as off line

TerReuv

Only one TP-Link showing as off line
« on: February 08, 2017, 07:39:20 am »
I have 3 TP-link outlets and suddenly one is showing offline with Alexa.  I tried forgetting it and then finding it again with Alexa and it didn't help.  The other three work just fine.  I only have one wi-fi network in my house.

Any thoughts on how to get it online again?

mike27oct

Re: Only one TP-Link showing as off line
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:02:07 pm »
Is it showing on line with Kasa app and can you control it?  Tell Alexa to "discover devices" and all three should show up in Smart Home section of Alexa app.  Or, maybe the wi-fi signal is too weak where this plug is located.  The Kasa app shows signal strength of plug in app as dbm.  The less negative the number, the stronger the signal.

TerReuv

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:35 pm »
I can control it with the Kasa app, but it is showing as local in the app.  I did try to re'discover it with no success.  The one that is showing local and can't be controlled by Alexa is actually closer to the wifi router than the other 2 so it isn't the signal.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:29:32 pm »
OK, start from scratch,  Reset the plug to defaults and set it up al over again.  Set it up where wi-fi signal is strong and check it with a lamp, if it works put it back where you want it. 

TerReuv

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 03:53:35 pm »
Thank you.  I will try that when I get home.