Echo & Alexa Forums

Authoring tool for Alexa

pabloxpicasso

Authoring tool for Alexa
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »
I am doing research to determine if there might be a better way to develop Alexa Skills.

Anybody who has published a skill, or worked with the ASK, would you be open to an easier way? I am thinking of a tool focused more on the text interactions rather than programming. To me, we are at a stage similar to the web when everybody 'coded' their own HTML. We all know how creating web pages has evolved to the point where a Word processor can save an HTML file and there is not thought to the tags in them.

I would love your input as to if there is interest in an easier way to develop skills, or if the dev environment is fine and there is no need for more.

Thanks!

sseaman

Re: Authoring tool for Alexa
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »
Try https://www.npmjs.com/package/skillvc

It's a full skill mvc architecture I created that can make skill development a bit easier.  Also very good for really robust skills

chase4646

Re: Authoring tool for Alexa
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:00:38 am »
I believe the way forward is domain-specific skills. Ones that provide a simple web-based interface for building new functionality. That's the direction I am taking with my own development (see for example Quiz Maker).