Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and Harmony Smart Hub, Need Assistance in setup

scl677

Alexa and Harmony Smart Hub, Need Assistance in setup
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:57:04 pm »
Hello Everyone... I recently purchase the Harmony smart hub to pair with Alexa for Home automation.
While I have manage to get some of the functions to work seamlessly, others I have problems with. Hopefully someone here can guide me with step by step instructions.

My goal is to control my TV with voice commands, such as controlling the volume and channels. select favorite channels, switch between video source and power on/off.

So far I've only manage to get Alexa to turn on/off my tv.

Things I've done so far.
Harmony smart hub: I've setup the activity, such as volume up/down, channel up/down and listed each command/activity separately.
I've updated the latest software version, 5.1.1.

Alexa: Under skills I've enable Harmony (blue icon) and click discover device for each of the activity I've added on my Harmony. The above activities are listed in the apps.

Problem comes is when I give a command to Alexa, nothing happens. For Example I would say, Alexa, volume up. or Alexa volume down, nothing happens. Just wondering what I did wrong.

On some post I read you have to install a third party apps to get it working such as Yonomi or Ifttt while other say you don't.  I tried either/or and none work.

Any insight will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Updates....
I end up disabling Harmony (blue icon) from Alexa skill and downloaded Harmony (red icon) instead.  Enable skills and discover device.

End result.... I manage to command Alexa to turn on/off tv, Switch channels and turn up/down volume. Ironically the activities I created in Harmony smart hub does not appear in Alexa skills.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:38:19 am by scl677 »

Re: Alexa and Harmony Smart Hub, Need Assistance in setup
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:23:01 pm »
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-amazon-alexa

it shows the table that differents/command between red dot and blue dot harmony skill