Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo will not stay connected to my open apartment complex wifi

jsenear

Echo will not stay connected to my open apartment complex wifi
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:31:24 pm »
Recently my Senior Apartment complex installed WiFi as a part of the tenant benefits. It is an open WiFi network like they have in department stores and supermarkets. No password. When you sign on it takes you to a website that has a connect button you push. Therein lies the problem. The Echo will not stay connected to it. When I am setting up the network for Echo it does not take me to the site to press the button. I connect the Echo to the network and it disconnects my computer every time.If I reconnect the Apartment complex wifi it knocks out the connection to the Echo. Sometimes I can unplug the Echo and it will sign on by itself. Most of the time it can't find the network. I need help. Any thoughts? 

mike27oct

Re: Echo will not stay connected to my open apartment complex wifi
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »
Have you been able to actually sign in to your Amazon account on this network?  If not, then you really do not have your Echo connected.  Your situation sounds unique (most of us have our own home network).  If I were you, I would have the apartment management put you in contact with the wi-fi provider so THEY can help you get connected. You might even need your own router you can connect to their system thatyou can then connect to, but who knows.