Echo & Alexa Forums

Dot stopped playing music of any source

Todd TCE

Dot stopped playing music of any source
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:59:06 am »
For over a month we've had no issue with the connection of Dot to TuneIn.

Say "alexa, play kslx" and she'd acknowledge and play.

Say "alexa, play ac/dc and she's acknowledge with a suggested station.

Both via dot and bluetooth to a Bose speaker.

We now have nothing....the acknowledgement is there confirming the the request (both dot and bose) and it's as if it's playing. But it's not. No problems with simple weather or dumb question test etc. Speakers are great. Zero music. According to Amazon no account is required for TuneIn.

Suggestions?

strayfish

Re: Dot stopped playing music of any source
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 10:13:12 am »
Just occasionally mine does that - sometimes a radio station, sometimes a book from Audible. So far it's always been resolved by just issuing the command again, but if that doesn't work for you, have you tried the good old 'switch it off and switch it on again' strategy? Needs to be unplugged for at least 5 minutes to clear the cache, according to the people here who know.

ssinlk

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:18:15 am »
The same thing happened to me starting on 2/2 and continuing into 2/3/17. In fact, my briefing that includes pieces from Tunein are not playing.

Todd TCE

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 08:52:54 am »
Just occasionally mine does that - sometimes a radio station, sometimes a book from Audible. So far it's always been resolved by just issuing the command again, but if that doesn't work for you, have you tried the good old 'switch it off and switch it on again' strategy? Needs to be unplugged for at least 5 minutes to clear the cache, according to the people here who know.

Oh the old "un plug it" repair! lol  I thought we'd gotten beyond that in today's electronics. :P

Stand by...I'll let you know!

Todd TCE

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 09:12:26 am »
SUCCESS!

Really surprised we have to do this today... :-\

strayfish

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 12:06:55 pm »
SUCCESS!

Really surprised we have to do this today... :-\

Hehe! An oldie but still a goodie :)

Elly44

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »
Yes, this happened to me too. Just stopped playing any requests. Unplugged for 20 minutes or so. Went to do other things, came back, plugged in and it has played everything since. Works!
Elly44

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:47:41 pm »
Nope, we are not beyond this and never will be.  Electronic dget their brains scrambled from time to time, and "turning it off and turning it on" is a given and first "solution".  See TV show the IT Crowd for proof, (and lots of laughs).