Echo & Alexa Forums

Transferring music from iTunes

alaraujo

Transferring music from iTunes
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:09:37 pm »
How do I transfer music to Echo from my iTunes library?

Offline jwlv

Re: Transferring music from iTunes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:18 pm »
I don't know if iTunes will allow you to get your music out of iTunes. But if you can download your music to MP3 files, then you can import it into Amazon.

See this page for instructions on how to import your music to Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201379280

You can import up to 250 songs to your music library for free. With an Amazon Music subscription, you can import up to 250,000 songs. To learn more, go to Change Your Amazon Music Subscriptions. Amazon Digital Music purchases do not count towards library limits.

alaraujo

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 11:17:00 am »
Thanks for your helpful input.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:15:06 pm »
I do not think that importing iTunes music to Amazon is the best way for me.  Too much work and hassle. I did import the free 250 tracks to see that it works a few years ago, and it did.  But since ALL my music in iTunes program is DRM-free, I have no problems with any device playing my music.  I copied my iTunes Media folder to my NAS, and even other drives and I can access it via DLNA apps.

All I do is access my iTunes music source and Bluetooth it to the Echo.  My favorite way to do this is to use the free Avia app on my Android tablet and access my NAS where all 17,000 music tracks are stored, select one of the many playlists I have, and send audio from tablet to Echo via Bluetooth.  Easy!

skrause

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »
My itunes collection is on my PC's C: drive upstairs.  If I have itunes open and running, if I launch itunes's on a laptop downstairs I can see the shared library of the PC upstairs.  The laptop has bluetooth.  Is there a way to get Echo to connect to the laptop via bluetooth and be able to select individual songs, albums, playlists from the shared library via voice control?

Also, a few months back I uploaded my whole itunes collection to Google Play for free.  Is there a link to use that?  I haven't read of one?

I just got the Echo last night and I am trying to get an idea of all the ways available to listen to my music collection through the Echo.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:07:44 pm »
This should be a simple matter of your laptop playing from the upstairs PC.  Once playing on laptop, pair laptop BT with Alexa BT.  Same goes for your Google Play music -- play on laptop and BT to Alexa. Keep in mind that BT signals have a range around 30 feet max.