Echo & Alexa Forums

Reminders, timers, alarms, and events

MikeFromHC

Reminders, timers, alarms, and events
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:41:00 am »
That other guy has a "remember" function.
"Remember my keys are in the kitchen. "
When you ask where the keys are it will tell you.
I would like to see Echo have this ability as well as the ability to add a phrase to reminders, timers, alarms, and events.
Echo set an alarm for 11:00 PM.  REMINDER: " Doctor's appointment at 11:30"

coyote

Re: Reminders, timers, alarms, and events
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:54:28 am »
Just a question of time. They are competing against each other, but also against others including newcomers. It is inevitable that the various abilities spread across all of them.

That said, the moment google home comes out in a form factor that I can stick on the wall like I do with Echo Dot, and at a similar price, I will be adding one or two to my home. Though my wife despises saying "ok google" lol

StevenR

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 06:05:47 am »
It doesn't do quite what you want but I have my lists in Alexa linked to Todoist (via Settings > Lists) and recently found that this allows you to do much more than with Alexa alone. Here are some examples of what you can do:

"Alexa, add visit John tomorrow to my To Do list"

The item will get created in Alexa with the text "Visit John tomorrow" but will almost immediately get synchronised to the Todoist account and converted to an item named "Visit John" with a due date of tomorrow and removed from alexa (to be re-added on the due date).

"Alexa, add pay the bills on the 1st of every month to my To Do list"
"Alexa, add do housework every Friday to my to do list"

Those examples will do the same as above but will create a recurring item in Todoist and each new instance will be added to Alexa on the due date (new instances of a recurring item in Todoist are created when the current one is completed).

Southern Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 02:47:39 pm »
Do I have to be home for Echo to remind me of these tasks that I put on the lists?