Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart Screen with Amazon Echo

jonwhiz

Smart Screen with Amazon Echo
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:13:33 am »
We have created an app that will turn any tablet (old or new) into a smart screen. One of the reasons for creating this app (actually one of the main reasons) was that we wanted a screen that is always-on and we can interact with using Alexa. You can talk to your screen and ask it to do things.
I hope that you can give us creative feedback on how we can make things better.  the app name is WhizScreen in case you want to check it out (www.whizscreen.com).

mike27oct

Re: Smart Screen with Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:58:44 am »
Will this work on a phone (esp an iPhone,) and can it be used remotely (i.e.via cell service) like the Roger app could to access Alexa?

jonwhiz

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 11:52:26 am »
the app works with tablets as the idea is to use the larger tablet screen as a picture frame/clock/news etc that is always on and than works with Alexa to change things on the screen. For example you can change what you see on the screen, initiate a timer, send messages to the screen and more.
The app connects to the internet which means it will work with Alexa as long as you have internet connection unfortunately the UI is not optimized for smaller screens like the iphones. Do you think it makes sense to update the UI to support phones?

coyote

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »
I will download it and try it.
The thing I've been imagining is direct screen control:
"ALexa, scroll right"
"Alexa, zoom in"
"ALexa, go back"
Etc, so when your hands are full you can still maneuver around the screen.