Echo & Alexa Forums

Check this out!!!

Wallmounts

Check this out!!!
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:08:54 pm »

I have my echo in every room in my house I just got this and it made my life every room so much easier Echo is happy I am happy I suggest everyone gets one of these ;D ;D

Look at this on http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272526432012

RobertinHerts

Re: Wall mounting
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:18:09 pm »
I thought the recommendation was to keep the Echo dot away from walls?

Re: Check this out!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »

I doubt there would be any problems hanging on the wall as in the photo posted by the spammer because the microphones are not blocked..   the problem would be on the counter up against the wall where microphones are blocked. 

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »
Good points.  But, the wall mount doesn't look like something I would want since I have plenty of flat surfaces around my house where my Dots "hang" out. Anyway, who wants a black ugly cord hanging down the wall in plain view!  I know our new member Monica would "freak out" about this!

Maybe we could send the Roger principle guy a PM he would receive at his email and invite him back to tell us what's up with Roger.  His name is Ricardo if I recall.  How about doing it JW?

CChamp

Re: Wall mounting
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 11:10:32 pm »

I am in no way affiliated with the ebay post but I did buy one of these hangers from Amazon.com and it actually seem to hear better installed in the hanger. Because instead of just a few of the microphones picking up what you say, all of the microphones are pointed directly in to the room. Seems to work good.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 11:18:43 pm »
Just as long as you are happy with your purchase.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 07:22:00 pm »

I am in no way affiliated with the ebay post but I did buy one of these hangers from Amazon.com and it actually seem to hear better installed in the hanger. Because instead of just a few of the microphones picking up what you say, all of the microphones are pointed directly in to the room. Seems to work good.

I just use a zip tie and a nail to hang my dot  :-)