Over writing preferences
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 19, 2017, 04:50:22 am

Setting Time Zones for Non US locactions

pstrokataran

Setting Time Zones for Non US locactions
« on: January 20, 2017, 03:50:22 am »
I have just received the new Echo Dot 2 and set it up but I am unable to chance the time zone to Australia/Perth. I tried all different suggestions installing Request Maker in Chrome but every time I chance the default location I receive a message advising me to check all alarm/timer settings but they are not set. So it doesn't show the device preferences in the request maker and I can't modify the location.

Re: Setting Time Zones for Non US locactions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:45:33 am »
The message check all alarm/timer settings  is a standard message in case you had timers alarms set prior to changing your time zone. I get this as well but it doesn't stop the time zone setting from taking affect.
The message does look like an error message which it isn't. ::)

Jerome

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:35:38 am »
The web interface of the Echo recently received an update that shows 2 dropdown lists in the Settings (just above the Wake word) for you to choose your "Device time zone" in a user-friendly way (no more hacking through Request Maker needed).
Don't you have the same in the Dot interface?

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:15:57 pm »
The same settings are there for the Dot2

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:38:02 pm »
This is much more easier than doing it via cURL commands. I found out how to by googling for the solution. Apparently for 2nd generation echo dot the other solution using chrome plugin does not work.
Echo Dot @ SG

pstrokataran

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 12:08:39 am »
Yes I can see the new options for Australia and in my case Australian Western Standard Time
However if I asked Alexa about the weather she still give me the weather in the US but not in Australia

Offline tthoben

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 08:02:35 am »
Yes I can see the new options for Australia and in my case Australian Western Standard Time
However if I asked Alexa about the weather she still give me the weather in the US but not in Australia

You need to specify the location, I.e. how's the weather in Perth Australia?
Echo Dot @ SG

pstrokataran

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 07:36:08 pm »
Yes thank you I have been doing that but it'd be great just to ask "Alexa what is the weather like?" and get the weather for my location instead of NY or any other US location.  :-[

Offline tthoben

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 09:43:27 pm »
Yes thank you I have been doing that but it'd be great just to ask "Alexa what is the weather like?" and get the weather for my location instead of NY or any other US location.  :-[

I think when Alexa is officially available in more countries, this will happen so it's a matter of when
Echo Dot @ SG