Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Activates without wake word being used

Activates without wake word being used
« on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:00 am »
Been having this problem for over a couple of months now.  The Echo gets activated as if the wake word has been used. It can be quiet, not a sound, and the Echo will come to life. Sometimes it states nothing; other times, will give an answer like, "I didn't quite understand what you want".

Are any of you guys experiencing this?

Re: Activates without wake word being used
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 11:49:56 am »
Yes all the time. At least twice a day.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
As I said in another post, this has become more frequent in the past six months, I am a long time Alexa user, and I have noticed the sensitivity ramp up  I have quite a few devices on today, and they think anything heard is a wake word as each one pops to life daily during conversations in the house.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 11:14:14 pm »
Yes, I've experienced it a few times.  Hummm  :-\

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 04:40:45 am »
I guess I have been lucky so far.  it has only happened a couple of times though who knows what happens when I am not at home.  maybe I need to check the logs  :-)