Echo & Alexa Forums

Will Unlimited Music Only Play on ONE Device?

malliekm

Will Unlimited Music Only Play on ONE Device?
« on: January 16, 2017, 03:06:48 am »
I was going to cancel my free one month subscription to Amazon's Unlimited Music but while talking to the rep, decided to keep it for another month.  I needed to escalate my call to a supervisor as the line of communication was deteriorating.  I thought each Dot came with a free one month subscription but she said no, each account came with a free month.  OK.  She also said only one Dot could play at a time.  OK. My next question was was does each Dot have access to the Unlimited Music list (one at a time)?  The supervisor said "yes".  Well, Dots 2 & 3 haven't been able to find and play anything I've asked for today.  Dot 1 can play everything.  I'm not trying to play them simultaneously, just one at a time like I was told would work.  How does this scenario play out for you?
Monica
ps...it just occurred to me that Dot 2 was playing Unlimited Music before my one month free subscription was over.  I just plugged in Dot 3 last night so nothing to compare there.  So seems like the super was right.  All Dots that are on the same acct CAN play Unlimited Music (one at a time).   Wonder why it's not working now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:15:24 am by malliekm »

mike27oct

Re: Will Unlimited Music Only Play on ONE Device?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:15:12 am »
I have not cashed in my free account yet (because I have a ton of my own music , and don't need to play through the Alexa devices  I can easily stream my entire digital collection straight to my stereo, or to echo devices via BT,  but anyway,  I think I understand it, and basically the more you pay, the more you get.

Prime members can get free unlimited for ONE device playing at a time for the lowest price of $3.99 (I believe we can switch device, but probably is some sort of hassle through the music account or maybe through Alexa app.)  Non Prime members pay a few dollars more for same.  Anyone can get unlimited for all their devices to play for around $9.99.   All prices are per month. It is all explained at the Music Unlimited section at the website.

The one month free offer may be for the top tier premium plan, which dissolves after a month, and you need to pick one of the plans if you want to stay connected.