Echo & Alexa Forums

Set up Echo Dot 2nd Gen in Australia

TManOfficial

Set up Echo Dot 2nd Gen in Australia
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:24:20 pm »
I was wondering if anyone can help me out... As I was setting up my echo dot and done with my wifi as connected, I am unable to get pass "registering my device" with an error 10:2:17:5:1. Anyone else having the same issue or has suggestions on how to resolve?  :-[

Things I've tried:
Unplug and plugged back in
Reset Alexa (V+ and Mic)
Forget the network and retyped my password

Re: Set up Echo Dot 2nd Gen in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:50:48 pm »
Did you buy direct from Amazon or a third party?
http://andysworld.org.uk/2017/01/11/trials-and-tribulations-of-my-amazon-echo-aka-saga-of-andy%E2%80%99s-amazon-echo-part-2/
in any case you may wish to contact Amazon customer support

TManOfficial

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:08:21 pm »
http://andysworld.org.uk/2017/01/11/trials-and-tribulations-of-my-amazon-echo-aka-saga-of-andy%E2%80%99s-amazon-echo-part-2/

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I contacted customer support but left with nothing. I am able to get my wifi connected but registering is the problem. To reiterate my Wifi is connected.

TManOfficial

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:30:07 pm »

As an update. I spoke to the customer and tech support for more than an hour and even tried to change the country setting to U.S. as per the andysworld website. With no luck, they advised a call in the next couple of days so I they can hear from the engineering department.

einsteinagogo

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Be patient, and call them back..... and be persistent!

my understanding now, is your Merchant Account may need to be US.

Ask them to check this....

I was told changes can take 2 hours to go through, but as with everything Amazon says, take it with a pinch of salt!

Andy from Andysworld!

pstrokataran

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:27:12 pm »
Hi
I just got my Echo Dot as well and like you I live in Australia.
What I needed to do was to change the location settings on the computer to US and setup an Apple account for US as well with a fake address.
After that I was able to connect not just to my WiFi but also to register the Echo dot.
The only thing I was unable so far to chance is the address to an Australian address so the weather is not being announced from an american city. However  the location can now with a drop down list be changed to Australia and a respective time zone.

RogerioNeiva

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 03:44:51 pm »
I have my DOT registered in the UK but I live in Lisbon. Regarding the weather just ask "Alexa, what's the weather in Sydney". This works.

chrisarvor

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:29:29 am »
I live in Bulgaria and my friends echo who is from London worked here
so i bought it set up the app i can get radio stations but cant set up the music
any help how to get around the location thing????