Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Streaming Amazon Prime music via WiFi from Android phone..

matt_tee

Streaming Amazon Prime music via WiFi from Android phone..
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:47:42 pm »
Hi,  is it possible to stream Amazon prime music to the Echo via WiFi from my Android phone, or,  just stream from Amazon? When I ask Alexa to stream one of my Playlists from my prime music, it says 'I can't find any music in your library'
I have Amazon prime music account and have signed in on the Alexa App. Pleaase help.

mike27oct

Re: Streaming Amazon Prime music via WiFi from Android phone..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:10:33 pm »
You need to stream via bluetooth from phone to Echo, not via "wi-fi".  Get the music playing on your phone then connect the BT of phone to the Echo (although you must have already previously paired the two devices for BT).

matt_tee

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:56:17 am »
This sucks, I also have Spotify, and you can stream spotify over wifi instantly. No need for bluetooth conection, or phone connection. You can just say 'Alexa, Play spotify playlist 'Name' and it will play. Have Amazon missed out on a good thing here, as you cannot do that with Amazon Prime Music....

mindmagic

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 04:25:01 am »
You're confusing two things here. If you want to stream Prime from your phone, you can play that through the Echo by connecting it via Bluetooth. But you don't need to use the phone; an Echo will stream directly from Prime.

matt_tee

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:30 am »
I have tried to stream directly from prime, but it doesn't work. It says that there is no music in my library..

Am I missing something here?

Thanks