Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Dot AUX playing from one speaker (Left) only

Echo Dot AUX playing from one speaker (Left) only
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:25:28 am »
Sorry if this is a repost, has anyone had this issue and know a way to fix this, I've tested my speaker setup and it works fine for any device except the dot.

I can't find any settings on the alexa app to change this.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:32:42 am by Pyrah »

Re: Echo Dot AUX playing from one speaker (Left) only
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:08:10 am »
When testing with other devices as input, have you been using the same cable that you're using with the Dot?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 02:07:05 pm »
This is a frequent problem with new Dots -- I have quite a few and most of them exhibited this at the onset.  A simple "fix":  The input plug of the new Dot is very tight and really has to be pushed in to make full contact with the 3-part jack and plug, so push it in very firmly.  Insert fully and remove a few times to break it in.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:32:16 am »
This is a frequent problem with new Dots -- I have quite a few and most of them exhibited this at the onset.  A simple "fix":  The input plug of the new Dot is very tight and really has to be pushed in to make full contact with the 3-part jack and plug, so push it in very firmly.  Insert fully and remove a few times to break it in.

This fixed it! I thought it was pressed firmly in but maybe needed some wearing in. Thank you!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
I thought mine was plugged in all the way, too, and then noticed jack was not flush with the case, pressed in firmly and bingo, I felt it snap in all the way.  Glad you are set now.