Echo & Alexa Forums

Monetizing Echo Skills

rickroms324

Re: Monetizing Echo Skills
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 08:34:33 pm »
I'm upset reading this.
I realized there was an initial charge for getting something developed and submitted (part of the reason I never did it)
I don't mind creating something for free and giving it away but don't charge me to make it and to distribute it.
I guess this is why it is hard to find a good developer.
Oh and this month it is a free hoody! A T shirt won't keep you warm enough while your advertising freely for them this time of year! >:(

IKR! lol

strayfish

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 05:05:59 am »
Here I created a petition to any developers out there who want to sign: https://www.change.org/p/amazon-pay-amazon-echo-skills-developers

I've signed this and posted it on to Facebook. I'm not a developer but I want to see skills that might benefit people reliant on assistive technology and that means finding developers and creatives to do this, in conjunction with charities whose service users would benefit. Can't really do that if Amazon is going to be exploitative in its relationship with us.

chase4646

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 08:03:08 am »
Amazon are now paying developers, at least in the Games and Trivia category. My skill Quiz Maker hasn't made anything yet, but I'm hoping it will make a few pennies in the long term...

seanfisher

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 12:35:11 am »
There are more options now than there have been in the past, although there still aren't very many consistent or dependable options for making money on Alexa. And since it's now been years since the launch of the platform, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I listed a bunch of current ways to make money from Alexa on my blog - Monetizing Alexa Skills.

My conclusion is that the best way to make money from Alexa is to get paid to build skills for companies. Then at least you are making consistent, dependable money and you're not dependent on Amazon's whims.